Powering UNO from Ipad

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Powering UNO from Ipad

Postby sikdrumz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi there,

I have a fairly new Ipad, with the Camera Connector, so I am running power and Midi to the Uno in order to use the app without batteries.

Couple of issues I seem to be having:

- Mains power is connected to the ipad via the Camera Connector. However even when this is the case, the Uno will not power up until Ipad battery is around 80%. Even then, I seem to need to remove the headphones from the Uno to get it to power on, otherwise it won't.

- The Arpeggiator does not seem to function when powering the Uno in this way. It will play say 3 notes, but then stops.

Is this expected? Can the Ipad not simply pass the mains power to the Uno?

Getting a USB-Midi lead is a hassle, would prefer to do everything via USB if possible?
sikdrumz

Re: Powering UNO from iPad

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:40 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

For the UNO Synth use on iOS batteries must be inserted. The user manual should include this information.

As for your Arpeggiator issue, make sure to check the MIDI SYNC (Clock) source. This should be set to INT (Internal) unless you are feeding MIDI Clock data from another source. Tap ALT -> SYNC to change this setting.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Powering UNO from iPad

Postby dununba » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:02 pm

you can use a powered usb hub
dununba

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth