Poly chaining several UNOs

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Poly chaining several UNOs

Postby ohmstudiste » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:03 pm

I would like to know if it would be possible in the future to "poly chain" several uno synth in order to have a polyphonic synth. Some manufacturers offer this functionality.
The idea would be to have say 4 uno synth connected by midi and have them share controls and presets, i.e. first unit would be master and any other units would be slaved to it and changing presets or turning knobs on the first one would reflects on the other ones. So we could easily get a 4 voices synths.
It would be great if the sound itself could also come out of one unit only but I guess this won't be possible.
I imagine using midi it shouldn't be too complicated to implement in a further firmware update. Probably an issue to solve would be to be able to store presets on different units interfacing with only one.
ohmstudiste

Re: Poly chaining several UNOs

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:57 am

Hi, please put this on the official wish list thread if you have not done so already. That way it will be passed to the UNO Synth folks with other requests for consideration.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Poly chaining several UNOs

Postby SpaceFire » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi,

I’d also like to second this request!

Thanks,
JJ
SpaceFire

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth