[SOLVED] UNO randomly switching thru lots of patches

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

[SOLVED] UNO randomly switching thru lots of patches

Postby dexfx69 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:15 am

Does the 1.1.3. update solve the issue where the unit will randomly start going through random patches really fast then stop doing that after 10 seconds or so?

Several of us have had this happen more than once. Anyhone else here had it happen to them? My unit is brand new and does it every few hours.
dexfx69

Re: UNO randomly switching thru lots of patches

Postby Monkspeed » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Yes I get this exact issue also, I received my UNO yesterday and the first few times I thought it was the batteries running low, but today I've been using a fully charged 20A USB power bank and it still does it.

So does this happen to all of them? Or does the firmware need updating or what?
Monkspeed

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:30 pm

I am not experiencing that personally, but this is also something to report to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dexfx69 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:08 pm

It happens to mine - with or without the firmware update. It makes it unuseable for live or studio - useless completely. we need to contact support to report this. I know others have complained about this problem as well, so it's a common issue that requires quick resolution at IK.
dexfx69

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:30 pm

It isn’t global (doesn’t happen to all UNO Synth units) so anybody with this issue would need to report it directly and separately. Thanks.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dexfx69 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:38 pm

Peter_IK wrote:It isn’t global (doesn’t happen to all UNO Synth units) so anybody with this issue would need to report it directly and separately. Thanks.

Yes, I've put a ticket in now. Thanks Peter.
dexfx69

Postby Galaxyflas » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:34 am

Hi,
to my synthesizer, the same thing also happens.
Sometimes it jumps several presets randomly and then stops at one of them.
It's a big problem because do it at any time, even when you're working with MIDI.

Regards
Galaxyflas

Postby dexfx69 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:14 am

Lots of folks are having this happen. I'm pulling my hair out right now. Working on a patch for 25 minutes, then suddenly the unit flashes thru random patches for a few seconds and ends on a random patch. It does it on the original unit, as well as with the 1.1.1 and 1.1.3 firmware updates.
dexfx69

Postby albertpauw » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Just an idea, but maybe the capacitive keys are a bit too sensitive on some devices? Maybe a question of tolerance in components that shows up on some devices.

Again, just speculation.
albertpauw

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:49 pm

dexfx69 wrote:Lots of folks are having this happen. I'm pulling my hair out right now. Working on a patch for 25 minutes, then suddenly the unit flashes thru random patches for a few seconds and ends on a random patch. It does it on the original unit, as well as with the 1.1.1 and 1.1.3 firmware updates.

I see three here. These three should report their issue to IK Support (per the forum rules and also the additional guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 ) to get the technical issue they are experiencing resolved as expediently as possible.

The link above can also be reviewed to see why this thread has run its course and should now be locked as your issues should be in the hands of IK Support already or soon.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi All!

The team was able to identify the behavior going on with select units.There is a new UNO Synth firmware update which resolves any issues users had with presets changing on their UNO Synth irregularly. Make sure to grab this today and get started.

Download the update now!
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth