Possible Firmware Issue? 1.1.3

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Possible Firmware Issue? 1.1.3

Postby tjpasfield2003 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:22 pm

After multiple attempts to get the editor to recognize the synth I've decided to come here. My UNO arrived yesterday and works great except for one thing, the editor refuses to recognize the synth in any way. I've gotten the most recent firmware and installed it, and downloaded and installed all versions of the editor. I'm using windows 10 and it recognizes it as an audio device and as midi which is expected. I can't find this issue anywhere yet (with this firmware) but I don't want to fill out a support ticket yet. I've rebooted my pc, and used the standalone editor. I also have used the vst in ableton live 9 and there is the same result. Anything I'm overlooking?
tjpasfield2003

Re: Possible Firmware Issue? 1.1.3

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:31 pm

Hey tjpasfield2003,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Before making any suggestions here, I do want to say that this is not a support forum. This is a user to user discussion forum. Please see our new rules/guidelines at the link below.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

Now, since you are already here, I do have some information that may help. If this information does not help, please feel free to reply here and let me know if this helps, but please do not try to troubleshoot here. The technical support team will be who you want to troubleshoot with your directly. In a support ticket, they can keep track of all of your information.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

1) Make sure you are using a supported OS. We have seen users unknowingly using a 32-bit versions of Windows 10.

2) Make sure your connection is not the issue here. For example, make sure you are not using a USB HUB which could be getting in the way of your connection. Make sure to connect to a USB port on the back of your system if possible and be sure to try another USB port or cable.

Note - If you use any third party cables, make sure these support OTG connections.

3) On Windows, all MIDI devices will be limited to be used in one software program at a time. If the UNO Synth appears RED in the UNO Synth Editor 'Settings' window this would indicate this synth is being used in another program. Make sure to disable the UNO Synth in any other programs to allow the UNO Synth Editor to access this.

4) Make sure to check that your UNO Synth firmware updated properly. To see the currently installer firmware version look at your LED screen on power up. After the CAL (Calibration) process the installed firmware version will appear.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth