Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Postby Ryan_IK » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:40 pm

This will be the official thread for UNO Synth feature requests. Please post anything you think would make the UNO Synth or UNO Synth Editor a more effective tool for you or which would be exciting to have for a future IK analog synth (as many feature requests for hardware would not be possible to add to an existing released product unless it is a minor fix via firmware). Moving forward, all older posts will be compiled here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices is heard.

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not posted already.

Thanks in advance for all of your interest and participation!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

3rd Hidden Envelope wired to Pitch - the Swoop and Dive

Postby dexfx69 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:31 am

Would be nice to be able to save, per patch, the "on" setting for the Swoop/Dive/Trem. This means, when you turn Swoop or Dive or Trem on using MIDI cc, that Swoop/Dive/Trem "on" position will save with the patch. The "amount" is already saved with the patch, so saving the "on" status with the patch will be very helpful to greatly increase the palette - the Swoop and Dive acting as a limited but very useful 3rd envelope wired to pitch, and the Trem being the LFO routed to amp/volume for tremolo.

Any chance of this, Ryan at IK?
Last edited by dexfx69 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
dexfx69

Batch saving of presets

Postby FailedMuso » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:29 pm

The ability to store all 80 user presets as a single patch bank file for a total recall into the UNO would be nice :)
FailedMuso

Re: Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Postby stevoj » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:12 am

The ability to go into calibration mode WITHOUT having to cycle the power would be handy. My Uno oscillators drift by 10-15 cents after about 10 minutes of use, and to recal without turning off and on again would be appreciated.

MOD EDIT: This is currently an available feature.
stevoj

Postby stevoj » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:01 pm

The ability to control a few more parameters, that are currently only available through the editor, would be extremely well received I think. There are 5 available 'slots' available in the control matrix that could be utilised (all of the alternate functions in the LFO row, and one in the VCO row).

Parameters such as;

Tremolo depth,
PWM LFO / envelope depth,
Keyboard tracking,
Mod wheel selected parameter amount.
stevoj

Postby dieter_hirsbrunner » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:42 pm

Hello,

I just got this thing last night and love it. I would like to thank Ryan for answering some technical questions I had a month or so ago when I first started considering purchasing it.

One wish I have is that I could control this synth directly with my iRig Keys interface. It would be nice to connect the Keys to the USB in and run it. I know back when I was writing IK support that was not a feature.

Is this something planned for the future or a “never will happen”? Either way I’m having a blast with the UNO Synth. It’s a great piece of gear!

I know I can control it with my full size midi controller but sometimes I just want to pull out the little iRig Keys and goof around.
dieter_hirsbrunner

Postby cnairn » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:45 am

I have a few requests.

1. Midi spillover(chain) so that multiple Unos can be linked together on the same midi channel to increase polyphony.

2. Loopable EGs.

3. Windows 7 compatibility for firmware updater and editor. I just got my Uno yesterday and it has version 1.02. Therefore, my unit is not nearly as robust as I was hoping it would be. I'm missing several of the coolest features that have been recently added. I have no intention of upgrading computers anytime soon, so this is a problem for me.
cnairn

Postby Monkspeed » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:11 pm

I've only had my UNO since yesterday but I would love a front panel button to control LFO to PWM, and a 32 step sequencer, 16 is quite limited really.

Thanks.

EDIT: And another vote for Win 7 compatibility for the updater.
Monkspeed

Postby dexfx69 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Front panel control of waveshape LFO/ENV control, please.
dexfx69

Postby cnairn » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:27 pm

1. Adjustable delay time before LFO begins its cycle. Even better, would be a fade-in time (0-127) from start level (0-127) to the selected LFO depth amount.

2. LFO routable to delay for chorus/flanger(preferably, to ANY destination.)

3. Key trigger/free running option for LFO.

4. Aux Attack/Decay EG( or ramp generator), routable to any destination.

5. Sync, cross mod between oscillators, and osc FM of filter.

6.Ring Mod capable of modulation between both of the oscillators, as well as modulation between osc1 and/or osc2 and audio from external input.

7. Switchable Legato/note on re-trigger of EG's.

8. Paraphonic mode for 2 note polyphony.

9. Adjustable "delay" between osc note-ons. Roland called it "Chase".

10. 24 db option of filter. 12/18/24 db would be even cooler.

These additions would be massive enhancements for sound design.
Last edited by cnairn on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
cnairn

Postby cnairn » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:26 pm

1.ALT Record in realtime! This way you could "play" the parameters while monitoring a sound but not record any notes. I thought this was possible and it was a huge reason for buying the Uno.

I thought as an alternative, I would be able to record both parameter changes and notes and then go back and delete the note data. However, I cannot seem to do that, either. Or, am I missing something here?

2. Record arpeggiator into sequencer. Play sequencer data into Arp.

3. Transpose Arpeggiator and sequencer.

4. Change patches while ARP is running. I don't mind, that the ARP range and direction are saved per patch. Likewise, I'm fine with the sequences being dedicated to patches.
Last edited by cnairn on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
cnairn

Postby tam_tam » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:59 pm

A re-trigger mode for the envelopes would be great. VCO sync would be amazing too... Oh yeah, and after-touch through midi keyboard

I noticed some people mentioned somethings that are already available on the UNO. You guys need to read the manual before adding to this wish list
tam_tam

Postby stevoj » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:24 pm

+1 for being able to change sounds while the seq is playing without recording. This IS very limiting for performance.
stevoj

Re: 3rd Hidden Envelope wired to Pitch - the Swoop and Dive

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:27 pm

dexfx69 wrote:Would be nice to be able to save, per patch, the "on" setting for the Swoop/Dive/Trem. This means, when you turn Swoop or Dive or Trem on using MIDI cc, that Swoop/Dive/Trem "on" position will save with the patch. The "amount" is already saved with the patch, so saving the "on" status with the patch will be very helpful to greatly increase the palette - the Swoop and Dive acting as a limited but very useful 3rd envelope wired to pitch, and the Trem being the LFO routed to amp/volume for tremolo.

Any chance of this, Ryan at IK?

These are currently only 'Performance FX' or 'Tools' meant to be used in-the-moment, but I will be more than happy to pass your interest in this along. I could see how this could be useful.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:52 pm

stevoj wrote:The ability to go into calibration mode WITHOUT having to cycle the power would be handy. My Uno oscillators drift by 10-15 cents after about 10 minutes of use, and to recal without turning off and on again would be appreciated.

While you shouldn't need to manually run the calibration process, as this will run in the background when all audio stops. If you need to do so, use the TUNE button (F#1) after tapping the ALT button (C#3).
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Next

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth