Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 pm

dieter_hirsbrunner wrote:Hello,

I just got this thing last night and love it. I would like to thank Ryan for answering some technical questions I had a month or so ago when I first started considering purchasing it.

One wish I have is that I could control this synth directly with my iRig Keys interface. It would be nice to connect the Keys to the USB in and run it. I know back when I was writing IK support that was not a feature.

Is this something planned for the future or a “never will happen”? Either way I’m having a blast with the UNO Synth. It’s a great piece of gear!

I know I can control it with my full size midi controller but sometimes I just want to pull out the little iRig Keys and goof around.

Glad to hear I could help aide you in your purchase :D

To answer your question. We do not have any news on this topic, but I will be sure to pass along your interest here. Keep in mind the iRig Keys can be used with the UNO Synth when both are connected to the same Mac/PC system.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:05 pm

stevoj wrote:+1 for being able to change sounds while the seq is playing without recording. This IS very limiting for performance.

Thanks for interest here. I will be sure to pass this along to the team.

Note* Sequences are currently linked to Presets. If you want to change sounds without loosing your Sequence, I would suggest saving your Sequence to multiple Preset slots.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ohmstudiste » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:42 am

I also vote for a front panel control of waveshape/ PWM LFO/ENV (second row of LFO line ?)

Then OSC sync. (4th control on second row of OSC line)

Then enveloppe re-trigger (re trigger or legato) / note priority (last note/low note) (using ALT + "black" keys for instance)

Sequence transpose.
ohmstudiste

Postby NeonFux » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Could you please make available an alternative firmware that does not have the demo songs and presets so that more usable preset memory space is available and fill all preset slots with an init patch.

Like others on facebook and the forum an extended sequencer would be much appreciated by everyone
Another good option would be the ability to auto switch to different sequencer presets at the end of a sequence so enabling a chain of presets to make a song mode, ( Play SEQ 1>2>1>2>3>1>2>4>5 etc...)
NeonFux

Postby tam_tam » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:30 pm

cnairn wrote:1. Adjustable delay time before LFO begins its cycle. Even better, would be a fade-in time (0-127) from start level (0-127) to the selected LFO depth amount.

2. LFO routable to delay for chorus/flanger(preferably, to ANY destination.)

3. Key trigger/free running option for LFO.

4. Aux Attack/Decay EG( or ramp generator), routable to any destination.

5. Sync, cross mod between oscillators, and osc FM of filter.

6.Ring Mod capable of modulation between both of the oscillators, as well as modulation between osc1 and/or osc2 and audio from external input.

7. Switchable Legato/note on re-trigger of EG's.

8. Paraphonic mode for 2 note polyphony.

9. Adjustable "delay" between osc note-ons. Roland called it "Chase".

10. 24 db option of filter. 12/18/24 db would be even cooler.

These additions would be massive enhancements for sound design.

+1
tam_tam

Postby sikdrumz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi all,

Got the Uno for my birthday in October, it's my first bit of analogue and I'm loving it! Thanks :D

Couple of tiny suggestions for the app:

- When selecting presets, the menu seems to scroll back to 1 on close. It would be nice if it centered on the preset you are using so that you can select the nearby presets instead of having to scroll back to e.g. 80 from 1 all over again

- Following on from that, it would be nice to have some preset scroll buttons next to the preset menu, so that you can skip +/-1 from the face of the app

- Can we have a 'Hold' button in the app? It's fairly fundamental to using the Arp.

- App keyboard to have an 'enlarge' button or swipe function to access larger keys and mod wheels?

Are these realistic?!

Thanks!!
sikdrumz

Postby dieter_hirsbrunner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:53 am

Here is my #1 wish for the editor. Is there a plan to add the ability to do a “Bulk Save” and load of all 100 patches in one file? I would love to store all 100 original patches as a UNO Defaults file.
dieter_hirsbrunner

Postby dexfx69 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:52 am

dieter_hirsbrunner wrote:Here is my #1 wish for the editor. Is there a plan to add the ability to do a “Bulk Save” and load of all 100 patches in one file? I would love to store all 100 original patches as a UNO Defaults file.

Me too! Please IK!
dexfx69

Postby alanmies » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:49 pm

So, I think I must be missing it because it's such an obvious feature, but "accent" for the sequencer.

(If it already exists, apologies for my stupidity and please do tell where I can find it.)

Edit: actually, coming to think of it... Having a dedicated tempo knob is fine and useful in most circumstances, but when in step edit recording mode, how about using that to input step velocity? I agree with the principle of keeping things simple (not having everything editable from the device itself is reasonable) so as such I'd be satisfied with just "accent", but being able to set a specific velocity for each step would be even better.
Last edited by alanmies on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alanmies

Postby dieter_hirsbrunner » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Hello,

Are there any plans to give the editor firmware updating capabilities? I pretty much use the synth stand alone or with the iPad.
dieter_hirsbrunner

Postby callockard » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:40 am

Hi, I too am very much interested in a “poly chain” feature for expanding to several UNOs linked together for true polyphonic ability. It’s a fantastic sounding analog synth voice and is begging to be chained for poly.
Thanks!
callockard

Postby NeonFux » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:46 am

Batch loading presets
NeonFux

Postby Galaxyflas » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Hello all,
Thi is the best synth in this range of prices, it sound like an analog beast, truly fantantastic.
My wish list is:
- 32 bit version for editor software
- chain units for polifony
- Oscilator sync

Thank you for this device is amazing
Galaxyflas

Postby birdhair » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 pm

I just got it out of the box and poked around on it for roughly an hour to see where I could take it, and here's a few things that quickly came to mind (unless they're already existent and I haven't discovered them yet)

1. Probably what could be (i imagine) the most simple feature with the greatest benefit is being able to use one of the knobs as a generic value knob when certain parameters are selected. For example, if 'Delay-Mix' is selected, then using a knob to adjust this quickly would be a lot better than tirelessly tapping the value buttons until you get where you need to be

2. By default, I feel like the up/down data buttons should really adjust the octave, and changing to a new patch/preset done by selecting with a button first. This would be a simple way to avoid accidentally losing your patch by hitting the data buttons at the wrong time. Accidentally changing the octave isn't the end of the world, but losing your patch can kill your momentum in an instant and result in a rage quit (as just happened then :x ). I made this mistake often, as when I'm tweaking sounds, I'm frequently jumping up and down octaves between tweaks to see how the patch sounds, and it doesn't take much to forget to hit the octave key and lose everything.

Other than that, it's pretty straightforward. it does a few simple things well, and given it's stripped back interface it doesn't get in your way too much to tweak. So far, it's actually funner in that regard than I expected.
birdhair

Postby dexfx69 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:21 am

To be able to use the tempo knob as a value knob would be very very helpful.

and to be able to save/load/store all 80 patches with one click.
dexfx69

PreviousNext

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth