Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Postby sikdrumz » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:31 am

Hi,

I would like to request the option to set the LFOs to retrigger rather than be free-running.

Is that even possible for you guys via firmware update?!

(PS: Am absolutely loving life with this synth using the VST software control and new Haq Attaq presets!) :D
sikdrumz

Postby sikdrumz » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:40 am

cnairn wrote:1. Adjustable delay time before LFO begins its cycle. Even better, would be a fade-in time (0-127) from start level (0-127) to the selected LFO depth amount.

2. LFO routable to delay for chorus/flanger(preferably, to ANY destination.)

3. Key trigger/free running option for LFO.

4. Aux Attack/Decay EG( or ramp generator), routable to any destination.

5. Sync, cross mod between oscillators, and osc FM of filter.

6.Ring Mod capable of modulation between both of the oscillators, as well as modulation between osc1 and/or osc2 and audio from external input.

7. Switchable Legato/note on re-trigger of EG's.

8. Paraphonic mode for 2 note polyphony.

9. Adjustable "delay" between osc note-ons. Roland called it "Chase".

10. 24 db option of filter. 12/18/24 db would be even cooler.

These additions would be massive enhancements for sound design.

Firstly, +1 for: Key trigger/free running option for LFO.

Secondly, I assume that some of the envelope functionality requested above could be achieved via the software editor if it was not possible via the hardware?

e.g:

Fade in for LFO amount- if operating the synth via the software editor, the software could be given the ability to fade up the LFO amount on note input (from the software keyboard or DAW) according to an envelope, even if such an envelope does not exist in the hardware?

It kind of depends how much midi control you guys want to build into the software...?
sikdrumz

Postby sikdrumz » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:15 am

Ok another request arising from today's jam...

Given that there is a pitch bend function (included in the software) that allows non-steppy pitch bends > 1 octave, could we be given access to this as a tuning function for the oscillators? I.e. A knob that can change the oscillator pitch but does not revert to zero automatically?

Is it possible to have one such knob per oscillator?

Obviously in a DAW one could automate the existing pitch bend knob to do this, but a further dedicated knob/s would be great!
sikdrumz

Postby TheAimlessOne » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi there!

Got my uno about a month ago...and I'm loving it.

Some thing's I would like to see tough:

Lower bottom frequency for the LFO....As it stands it's still quite fast when turned all the way down. As a result I allways have it set to "1" because that comes closest towhat I expect from an LFO. It's fairly limiting though as it doesn't allow for truly slow modulating sounds.

Longer maximum delay time. Since it's tempo synced...At higher BPM it basicly becomes useless except for Karplus-Strong type effects.

Also:
+1 for abeing able to route the LFO to PulseWidth from the front panel.
Especially since the editor only runs on 64bit win 8...wichh means a lot of people won't be able to use it.

Beyond that....
Thanks for a great product! :)
TheAimlessOne

Postby andreas.franke » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Please make the sequencer transposable! Please! :D
andreas.franke

Postby higonzilla » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:02 pm

cnairn wrote:1.ALT Record in realtime! This way you could "play" the parameters while monitoring a sound but not record any notes. I thought this was possible and it was a huge reason for buying the Uno.

I thought as an alternative, I would be able to record both parameter changes and notes and then go back and delete the note data. However, I cannot seem to do that, either. Or, am I missing something here?

2. Record arpeggiator into sequencer. Play sequencer data into Arp.

3. Transpose Arpeggiator and sequencer.

4. Change patches while ARP is running. I don't mind, that the ARP range and direction are saved per patch. Likewise, I'm fine with the sequences being dedicated to patches.

Agree:

2. :mrgreen: Record arpeggiator into sequencer. Play sequencer data into Arp.
3. :mrgreen: Transpose Arpeggiator and sequencer.
higonzilla

Postby Apogenic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:23 pm

:idea: Batch patch load (80 at once)

:idea: Using tempo knob as data knob.
(Getting precise tempo with a knob is difficult. Secondly pressing data buttons by mistake is easy)

:idea: 32 step sequencer

:idea: Changing octave live while playing sequence simply by pressing up or down (while in seq mode) should change whole tune by octave. That would open a lot of live performance possibilities.

:idea: Ability to delete/mute single note while playing/recording. Basically to modify notes in live performance. Moog Mother32 have this beautifully solved in their sequencer. Look it up, one of the best sequencers around (simple and perfect for live action).

:idea: Bonus idea. Some slick, small cover for carying around (and cables).
Apogenic

Postby Ramunas » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:44 pm

1. Paraphonic Mode
2. Integrate Software (digital) synth in to Uno like Waldorf Pulse 2 has (analog synth + digital for polyphony) :)
3. Sampletank 4 integration where you can control Uno from it and also sample it as a patch (if thats possible)
Ramunas

Postby virtualsamana » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:26 pm

128 step sequencer (with the ability to choose the length via number of bars and ability to quantize notes).

Even better, keep the sequencer at 16 steps but add the ability to chain patterns similar to the Pocket Operators. (If T.E. can do it with the tiny POs, surely the Uno can do it). If the Uno synth had this feature, I would buy it in a heart beat. (Volca Killer) :D
virtualsamana

Postby Apogenic » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:55 am

Forum should have ticket voting functionality so we could vote for priority of next features to be added. Some of other peoples ideas are really interesting, of course mine are most interesting but hey, no voting system so I guess mine are first! :)
(I get it, developers decide, but still we voting would be cool)
Apogenic

Postby raffivegas » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:12 pm

hi there, I want to purchase two UNO's but didn't realize there are no trig modes for the envelopes. I want to be able to do what the SH-101 does at the end of this vid (they're showing how the minilogue does not have favorable behavior first, then they show the desired behavior with the SH-101) https://youtu.be/uF2F6MhWIm4

basically, would be nice if we could have/choose this, preferably achieving the behavior seen in the upper right image, where the envelope picks up where the decay left off even without legato playing:

raffivegas

Postby JBiker » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:02 pm

birdhair wrote:Probably what could be (i imagine) the most simple feature with the greatest benefit is being able to use one of the knobs as a generic value knob when certain parameters are selected. For example, if 'Delay-Mix' is selected, then using a knob to adjust this quickly would be a lot better than tirelessly tapping the value buttons until you get where you need to be

+1
JBiker

Postby Apogenic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:19 am

Sequencer transpose option - When playing a sequence and enabling OCT button it should transpose whole sequence based on key you press on keyboard (like Behringer Crave)

32 step sequencer

Chaining sequences

Option to change/mutee/deletee single notes in playing sequence (like Mother 32 seq).
Apogenic

Postby Galaxyflas » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:32 pm

I want a version of 32 bit windows OS for uno editor.
Please compile for 32 bit OSes
Thank you
Galaxyflas

Postby 4vientos » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:11 am

Windows 7 compatible firmware updater please

An editable text based settings/config file, with save-as option for
multiple files saved in different locations.

widgets to choose next/previous preset

robust 'panic!' button for the odd hung note or lockup
(start/stop the arp sometimes will kill hung notes)

UNO is great fun. But now 5 grandkids will all want their own :roll:
4vientos

PreviousNext

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth