Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Postby XTN-LCH » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:22 pm

TEMPO: re-set tempo to values between 1 bpm to 256 instead for 30 bpm to 299. anyone still doing jungle anymore? :?
XTN-LCH

Postby XTN-LCH » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:28 pm

Sound Design: ambient & dark-wave needs...ALT+LFO enables LFO to be transposed down or up by OCT function...it would be nice to slow things down a bit. longer sweeps. something that made EMS synths so special & unique.
XTN-LCH

Postby XTN-LCH » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Radical...maybe a 2.something firmware update. not getting great joy out of DIVE, SCOOP, VIBR, WAH & TREM buttons. why not designate the buttons to work as a set of 5 banks to hold "playlists" of presets/sequences, 16 pages each. eg; ALT+ DIVE, REC..1st white key blinks, dial up a desired preset, tap the first white key, it goes solid, the next key blinks, waiting for another preset/sequence to be entered...and so on, and so on, until all 16 pages of the playlist are filled and all the little white keys showing solid. tap the REC again to exit script entry mode... active bank (DIVE) is also lit solid, indicating it's got a playlist. hit the play (arrow) key. bob's your uncle.
XTN-LCH

Postby XTN-LCH » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:54 pm

FIRMWARE: why not do what microsoft does? open-source the firmware editor, provide it as a download so users can hack their little UNOs to their hearts content (obviously with a 'this will invalidate your warranty" notice) let the user base fix bugs, expand features, make more bugs , make more features, share like baseball cards...when they blow up their UNO from making bad decisions, they can download an older firmware & start all over...might do surprising things for a product's longevity & cultural impact!
XTN-LCH

Postby lunaorbit » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:40 am

- tap tempo button
- display note pressed when playing scales.
lunaorbit

Postby dark_angeluk1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:11 pm

I'm not sure if its been said already, I have gone through the thread and I didn't see it but how about another LFO which can be routed where ever you want it, and please make the LFO speed slower so I can have really slow filter sweeps and really slow PWM.

This is my first post as I have just gotten my Uno and while I do love it, I do think some updates like the one's I mentioned and others would be great.
dark_angeluk1

Postby pharsyght » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:19 pm

XTN-LCH wrote:FIRMWARE: why not do what microsoft does? open-source the firmware editor, provide it as a download so users can hack their little UNOs to their hearts content (obviously with a 'this will invalidate your warranty" notice) let the user base fix bugs, expand features, make more bugs , make more features, share like baseball cards...when they blow up their UNO from making bad decisions, they can download an older firmware & start all over...might do surprising things for a product's longevity & cultural impact!

Second that!!!! We can do for you what you are now paying people to do and we can do it better... at least better for ourselves maybe not for everyone. This way you could make everyone happy and by hosting an active community of sharing the modified code, you would have access to select all the best parts and incorporate into future official releases. There are conflicting views about what should be done as well as resources to make changes when you do decide what should be done.... we have paid for the hardware AND want to do the labor for free... LET US!
pharsyght

Postby Epigon1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:52 pm

Hello everybody. I am a new Uno synth user and love it.
Many other asked, but even for me the best thing to add is a 64 step sequencer
Epigon1

Postby dklyons81 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:24 pm

It's my first synth and I love it! I would really like:

• Tap for tempo input
  • Sequence chaining (like the drum's "song" feature)
  • Easier to find blank patch (I found "INIT PROG" in the KC Gilmore collection, but it wasn't easy to locate) since you need an initial or init patch like this to follow along with the Syntorial
dklyons81

Postby pharsyght » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:45 pm

It would be AWESOME to be able to enter a sequence and then have it keep playing but shift SCALE as the scale is entered. Not just a transpose as some have suggested but a chromatic transpose so that we could keep the rhythms we have programmed at home, but adjust them to be in scale with who ever or whatever song we happen to be jamming with.
pharsyght

Postby sikdrumz » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:27 pm

One feature I realised I wanted when recording on the weekend:

It’s not ideal to record Uno Synth with USB connection due to the noise generated in the circuits. You have to fully unplug the USB and run off batteries only, which means you can’t see the software GUI.

If you are tweaking the synth on the fly while recording with no GUI, it is easy to tweak the wrong setting by mistake.

Would therefore be good to have a ‘lock’ option for the 4 knobs, that can be toggled on and off to stop them changing if they are jogged. Maybe use the ‘LFO’ selector button such that the knobs are locked when it’s flashing (like the other ones eg Filter/amp envelopes).
sikdrumz

Postby klonarsubway » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:46 pm

I would like to see pattern chaining included in editor to help with workflow :D :mrgreen:
klonarsubway

Postby cellomangler » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:38 pm

I'm using UNO with a wind controller - Yamaha WX5.

I would like the ability to modify the default MIDI CC assigns so that I don't have to use an external processor to remap controllers.

Noise is useful to add breathiness to sounds but it needs separate envelopes - even if simple. Creating a growl effect can be done with noise and a fast LFO but I need a separate LFO so as not to destroy the existing patch LFO setting.

So what I'm suggesting is an additional "filter module" with it's own LFO and the ability to assign the noise and an oscillator... with MIDI CC assigns.
cellomangler

Postby sikdrumz » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:19 pm

IK recently released a new set of presets for the Uno Synth, by Many Few:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=9614

Hopefully this (together with the other recent news items on their home page) indicates that everyone is well at IK HQ and things are getting back to normal. Hope this is the case.

Seems like a good time to ask if Uno Synth users will get an update to the VST Uno Synth Manager software that allows patches from all the preset packs to be loaded on the fly. This already exists in the phone/tablet app.

Also, please can we have another firmware update soon, including retrigger on the LFO?!

Would be nice to hear from the IK team now that lockdown is easing.
sikdrumz

Postby nikkinemo95 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:35 am

I think you need at least double the channels to really be useful. With only 12 channels of cowbell, why even bother?
nikkinemo95

PreviousNext

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth