Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Postby invZMK23 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:29 pm

Just received mine. Love the sound of the osc and filters.
Could do without the extreme usb static interference though when connnected via usb to the computer.
I would also like to see an option to go beyond the max amount of 64 semitones osc pitch modulation together with an editable decay (and perhaps attack) curve so i could make some proper drum sounds with this as well.
A LFO high/low rate switch would also be nice where more extreme rates are possible on both ends
Last i would love if there would be an additional drive/distortion with more editable parameters.
The current drive sounds very good but i would like to be able to get some more dirty/crunchy/filthy sounding distortions as well.
invZMK23

Postby Arczi979 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:34 am

invZMK23 wrote:Could do without the extreme usb static interference though when connnected via usb to the computer.

1. You have to use USB izolator when connecting device to computer
2. UNO Synth has to be powered from internal batteries (power switch to the middle position)
Arczi979

Postby Atmelcool » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:57 pm

It would be nice if the guys at IR Multimedia fixed the clicking noise when turning the desktop synth on and off. And also so that white noise is not heard in the speakers with an interval of 30 seconds, so that it cannot be heard at all. And let them eliminate the calibration sound, which periodically turns on in the speakers. Perhaps this is the most important shortcomings for me.
Atmelcool

Postby Atmelcool » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:50 am

I did not find a sine waveform in the synthesizer. I wonder why it wasn't added?
Atmelcool

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:43 am

Atmelcool wrote:I did not find a sine waveform in the synthesizer. I wonder why it wasn't added?

From the UNO Synth web page:
LFO with Sine, Triangle, Square, Up Saw, Down Saw, Random and Sample-and-Hold to modulate Pitch, Filter, Amp and continuous oscillator wave shapes including PWM
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Atmelcool » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:53 pm

It is very strange that the desktop version of the synthesizer was deprived of aftertouch. The function itself is in the menu, but when the aftertouch command is sent to the synthesizer, it does not notice it. It would be great if the developers add in the firmware update the ability to accept the aftertouch command from other keyboards.
Last edited by Atmelcool on Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atmelcool

Postby Atmelcool » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:56 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Atmelcool wrote:I did not find a sine waveform in the synthesizer. I wonder why it wasn't added?

From the UNO Synth web page:
LFO with Sine, Triangle, Square, Up Saw, Down Saw, Random and Sample-and-Hold to modulate Pitch, Filter, Amp and continuous oscillator wave shapes including PWM

I probably did not fully ask the question. I meant there is no sinusoid waveform in the oscillator.
Atmelcool

Postby NewIgnis1 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:40 pm

- add a MIDI local on/off setting to make it more suitable as MIDI controller

- midi clock send: provide a setting the clock MIDI signals are only send when ARP or SEQ are enabled . Now it is continously sending out MIDI data taking away bandwidth for other purposes
NewIgnis1

Postby NewIgnis1 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:50 pm

- master volume: ensure the synth is 100% silent when master volume is set at 100%. Even at 0 it produces -50 dB sound when played

- editor : ensure the editor updates its parameters visually in real time when Uno Pro tweaks one of its sound parameters (not sure if this happens via USB, but it certainly does not happen via DIN MIDI)
NewIgnis1

Postby Transistor75 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:38 am

For USP in next firmware update - Thank you!

- OLED display saver, manually toggle between on/off in setup, or with automatic timeout preset - 1min, 5min, ...

- MIDI Local on/off, switchable function in setup/midi menue. Doesn't work via MIDI CC 122 (implemented in USP MIDI chart)

- Silent mode when volume level as set to 0 - i also can hear the calibrating noise in background, oscillator noise bleed and digital noise floor from fx unit (if amount is not set to 0) on my USP Keyboard version without usb connection, power adapter only and TRS connection to interface

- if delay effect is on sync i get a rhythmic digitally distorted signal at at the end of delay (crunch, crunch, crunch- like bit reduction, jitter, ...)
Transistor75

Postby Catalyser76 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:12 am

For the next firmware update, i absolutely agree with the previous author on all points.

Please implement local on/off function into the keyboard version and delete the unpleasant fx noise.
Catalyser76

Postby teempade04 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:34 pm

This paraphonic analog synthesizer will make your music shine with a great-sounding all-analog audio path, three wave-morphing oscillators,
teempade04

Postby BlindFarmer » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:42 pm

The Uno Drum and Synth are marketed as quality budget offerings. That being said, a budget minded user may not own a $2500 Mac or $1000 iPad/iPhone. I would like to see support for Android, Chromebook, and Linux. Ubuntu, Mint, etc. That opens the door for firmware updates and integration for those of us on a tighter budget. Thank you for considering the idea.
BlindFarmer

Postby sotem123 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:51 am

This would be a relatively small tweak I think, but I am missing the features to batch remove presets.
Personally I love to create all sounds on my own, and right now I have 100+ presets I'd have to manually remove if I wish to start blank.
Perhaps the librarian could have an added feature for removing multiple presets at once.

That said, I did like the presets!
sotem123

Previous

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth