Uno config to send midi clock only?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno config to send midi clock only?

Postby Templedog » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:04 pm

Hey! Just got my Uno a month ago, lovely wee thing, but I'm trying to get it to play nice with my Volca sample. Midi clock sync is no problem, but it's also transmitting keyboard control info...every time I hit a key on the Uno, it plays that key and sample slot 1 on the Sample. Can the Uno be configged to send clock only, so it can be used as a master clock for a larger rig? Any and all help appreciated. Thanks!
Templedog

Re: Uno config to send midi clock only?

Postby albertpauw » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:16 am

Quick fix:

Just put the devices all on different MIDI channels and make sure they're only listening to their own channel. The MIDI clock has no channel information.
albertpauw

Postby Templedog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:55 pm

albertpauw wrote:Quick fix:

Just put the devices all on different MIDI channels and make sure they're only listening to their own channel. The MIDI clock has no channel information.

D'wamn. Eez jus' so crazy it might werk...I love a simple solution. Right, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
Templedog

Postby Templedog » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:32 pm

Got it! It's one of the Sample's globals causing the issue, specifically 'MIDI RX ShortMessage' Hold down FUNC while powering on the Volca sample, and if key 7 comes up lit, tap it to turn it off, then hit REC to save the setting and restart. Now it syncs up a treat with no samples triggered by the Uno. Nice!
Templedog

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth