UNOSynth Feature Requests

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNOSynth Feature Requests

Postby samuellindeman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi!

I'm really enjoying my UNO Synth and as time goes by I find small things that would increase the versatility of the unit even more.

Currently the built-in sequencer is locked to 16th notes and the BPM range is quite limited considering the sequencer can easily 'slave/sync' to a very fast external clock.
(Feed the UNO with a 480BPM clock (set sync to 2x), add a 4-step sequence controlling the course-tuning of the oscillator per step (12,0,7,5) for 'chip arpeggios' and play the keyboard).

It would be really handy to be able to set the 'time factor' for the built-in sequencer so the steps could go all the way to 1/64th notes, sure it would be only 1/4th of a bar but for 'modulation purposes'(Ie. the sequencer doesn't trigger notes but only controls the sound parameters) this would work fine!

Being able to 'trigger & transpose' the sequence using the keyboard would be handy.
This way the 'sequence' could be seen as a 'parameter macro' that is triggered when ever a note is triggered.

This leads to another option to have a 'one-shot' mode for the sequencer.
ie. when a note is triggered with the keyboard the sequence could either loop or just play once for each triggered note.

And well, since the LFO is 'software' I see no reason not to lift the 30Hz limit since it can already slave to a _fast_ external clock :)
(Add optional keyboard-tracking to it and we're in 'FX/FM/RingMod Territory').

Cheers!
/Samuel
samuellindeman

Re: UNOSynth Feature Requests

Postby albertpauw » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:48 pm

The transpose option for the sequencer is something I want to see too in an update.
albertpauw

Postby samuellindeman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:50 pm

I think I found a 'bug' with the LFO's tempo-sync...

The LFO doesn't properly sync to external clock when sync is set to external...
...instead the LFO's 'tempo division' uses on the BPM that was set _before_ external sync was enabled!?(Turns out it _does_ work but 'tops out' at 30Hz regardless of the incoming clock).

Is there a 'proper' procedure for reporting issues and requests regarding the UNO Synth or is this forum _the_ preferred way?

Cheers!
/Samuel
samuellindeman

Postby dununba » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:10 pm

Here are a few:
Delay time sync'd with tempo
Control for delay feedback
Ability to transpose a sequence all at once
Ability to set and display tempo in IOS app
Remove splash screen from IOS app. I'd rather see a progress bar.
Ability to send audio to another device via usb
Ability to FM one oscillator with the other
Ability to remove hold or animation from sequence all at once
dununba

Postby dununba » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:25 am

one more
an option to repeat first and last notes for sequencer running forward/backward.
dununba

Postby DeusTempestas » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Can we have the Hold function work with the ARP when switching presets.
DeusTempestas

Postby dexfx69 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:13 am

"When a note is triggered with the keyboard the sequence could either loop or just play once for each triggered note."

Just like the Korg Monologue - this is a great idea and really expands the possibilities with the UNO. Hope the devs are listening?
dexfx69

Postby merttunay@gmail.com » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:56 am

While playing live, it's really easy to accidentally touch the tempo knob while playing with the cutoff knob.That ruins everything.
It would be great to have a "lock tempo" option. Thx!
merttunay@gmail.com

Postby mungewell » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:32 pm

merttunay@gmail.com wrote:While playing live, it's really easy to accidentally touch the tempo knob while playing with the cutoff knob.That ruins everything.
It would be great to have a "lock tempo" option. Thx!

I would agree, and perhaps IK could implement a 'Lock' state - maybe under the 'Alt+MidiClk' setting.

BTW If you switch to using an external MIDI clock the, tempo dial will have no effect.
mungewell

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:27 am

Please use the official sticky wishlist threads for feature requests
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth