Not Finding UNO Synth - Windows 8, 10, Ipad and iPhone

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Not Finding UNO Synth - Windows 8, 10, Ipad and iPhone

Postby dr.rick.williams » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:47 pm

I have tried using Windows 8, (4 different machines, all with different cables) windows 10, even ipad and iphone.. One of the main reasons I purchased the UNO synth is the promise of being able to use computer editor... Im not having much luck with tech support,, mostly, try a different cable, and is it turned on? This is really discouraging. The uno synth works fine, but so far, I cant update the firmware or use the editor. Windows just isnt seeing the device..
I have serious buyers remorese..

Dr. Rick Williams
dr.rick.williams

Re: Not Finding UNO Synth - Windows 8, 10, iPad and iPhone

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:22 pm

Hey Dr. Rick,

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear of your troubles with your UNO Synth.

First, I do just want to say this certainly does sound like an abnormal experience with the UNO Synth. While our team does everything they can to ensure everyone gets a perfectly working unit and has the best possible experience every time, sometimes things do happen and rare occurrences occur. Do not worry, we can assure you we will get you working here and we'll make sure this doesn't affect your 1-Year Warranty (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/warranty).

Now, I was able to look into your ticket and it seems that our team has just followed up with some important information. Be sure to follow up with the team when you can. They will be able to get you running asap.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby dr.rick.williams » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:52 pm

After reading my own post, it did sound negative which was really not my intention.. I love my IK devices,, was just the frustration talking.. if it gets fixed, I will be very happy.. I just hate to be without it as my uno is somewhat a staple of my music.. sorry about the post,, not my intention to be unpleasant
dr.rick.williams

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:03 pm

dr.rick.williams wrote:After reading my own post, it did sound negative which was really not my intention.. I love my IK devices,, was just the frustration talking.. if it gets fixed, I will be very happy.. I just hate to be without it as my uno is somewhat a staple of my music.. sorry about the post,, not my intention to be unpleasant

No need to apologize, we understand things can be frustrating when they don't seem to be working properly. We just want to make sure we get you back to making music as soon as we can :D :D
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Jaszman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Mine is doing the same [mod redacted, unnecessary]. What gives?
Jaszman

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Jaszman wrote:Mine is doing the same crap. What gives?

Make sure to update your UNO Synth to the latest version of firmware available using the download here:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/firmware/

Once updated, make sure to select the UNO Synth in the Editor's settings menu as the MIDI IN and MIDI OUT devices. Do not select UNO Synth as the MIDI Controller option. This is for MIDI keyboards or other controllers aside from the UNO Synth.

If this information does not help, please reach out to IK Multimedia technical support using the link below. They should be able to help get you working here. Please keep in mind this is a user to user discussion forum, this is not intended for direct technical support.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth