[RESOLVED] firmware updater does not find Uno

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

[RESOLVED] firmware updater does not find Uno

Postby yapruder » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:52 pm

Just got the firmware updater and plugged Uno into USB on computer (no hub).
I click on Search for Device and get 'No Device Found'.
Tried with USB and tried with battery on and still no device found.

b
yapruder

Re: firmware updater does not find Uno

Postby yapruder » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:21 am

Details:
this is on a Mac Mini running 10.11.6.
Tried restarting, tried launching the updater while the Uno was calibrating, tried launching before Uno on, tried after Uno on. Again, this is direct into computer USB with no hub.
Always shows: No Device found.
yapruder

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:36 am

I would recommend opening a ticket with IK Support if you have not done so already so they can provide official support. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yapruder » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:21 pm

Solved.
I grabbed the wrong updater.
So many updaters.
:roll:
yapruder

Re: [RESOLVED] firmware updater does not find Uno

Postby BetteToma » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case the background noise is low without the harmonic sequence, but its a really irritating high pitch sequence through a desk to monitor speakers,have a compressor on the output without a gate its even worse. I am pretty sure it shouldn't be there and am hopeful kit will just be a firmware tweak.

seo consultant
Last edited by BetteToma on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BetteToma

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:19 pm

BetteToma wrote:Hi...i am a new user here. In my case the background noise is low without the harmonic sequence, but its a really irritating high pitch sequence through a desk to monitor speakers,have a compressor on the output without a gate its even worse. I am pretty sure it shouldn't be there and am hopeful kit will just be a firmware tweak.

There was a firmware update for some noise due to the auto-tuning/calibration that occurs after a period of inactivity. That would likely have already been installed on your unit if new but please do make sure you have the latest firmware.

It sounds more like you may have noise from being connected to a computer or similar via USB. If this is the case, this is common due to bus noise from such connections (and is mentioned on the Specs page of UNO Synth).

Also, since your issue is not the same as OP, I recommend opening a separate topic in the future.

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby askalski85@gmail.com » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:46 pm

yapruder wrote:Solved.
I grabbed the wrong updater.
So many updaters.
:roll:

me too. I finally moved forward thanks to your question :-)
askalski85@gmail.com

Postby kitsch_records » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:17 pm

I have this problem too. I'm using the correct updater for Stomp I/O but 'No Device Found.

Have tried on multiple computers and all USB ports.
kitsch_records

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:29 pm

kitsch_records wrote:I have this problem too. I'm using the correct updater for Stomp I/O but 'No Device Found.

Have tried on multiple computers and all USB ports.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Since the solution in this thread did not work for you, please open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be able to assist you. Thank you.
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth