UNO Synth Editor issues [Please open/use support tickets]

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Our free UNO Synth Editor is now available!

Postby denka » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:24 pm

I don’t have issue in standalone mode of Uno Editor but it’s impossible to instantiate AAX version for Pro Tools Ultimate 18.4,18.7 and next big thing ( ;) ), always get SWOD and have to force quit PTU.

I’m on Mac Pro 5.1, latest HS, Avid HD Native PCI-E with four HD interfaces. Tried also with RME Babyface Pro, no help.

I haven’t tried VST or AU cause I’m too busy with PTU these months.
denka

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Please report any technical issues to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as this forum is for user-to-user discussion and general information (as this post is also for the latter). They will resolve any technical issues for you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tomorrowsman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:53 am

Trying to run the firmware updater on x64 Windows 10 and it just force closes. Obviously I also have the "Waiting for UNO" issue as well. How do I get the firmware updater to actually update?

SOLVED: I had to make sure nothing was 'seeing' the UNO before running the updater.

UPDATE: Firmware updated just fine, but still WAITING FOR UNO. Ticket submitted.
tomorrowsman

Postby ohmstudiste » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:32 am

Can you explain exactly how you manage to update ?
I can't update mine.
ohmstudiste

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:39 pm

ohmstudiste wrote:Can you explain exactly how you manage to update ?
I can't update mine.

The above user was stating that they needed to make sure no other programs were 'seeing' the UNO Synth. A good example of this would be a DAW trying to use the UNO Synth as a MIDI controller. In this case, closing the DAW would allow the updater to 'see' the UNO Synth and properly update it.

Please check with support if you are having troubles updating your unit.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby tomorrowsman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 am

So does support publicize if they are working on bug reports or PARs or known issues? Or post to the forums if there's a widespread bug such as this? I've been waiting more than a day to hear back and I've had no contact. Either this is a big issue and they are inundated and should let us know, or it is not and they should let me know my unique situation. By the look of this thread, they should tell many of us SOMETHING.
tomorrowsman

Postby ohmstudiste » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:57 am

It didn't work for me. I started a thread entitled "firmware update on windows 7".
I did contact support and it took a few days to get a response but so far no solution.
I wonder if the unit is faulty.
I also notice that some times the unit start randomly changing presets in loop without me touching the unit. I'm still running 1.01 so maybe this is a bug that was corrected.
ohmstudiste

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:37 pm

tomorrowsman wrote:So does support publicize if they are working on bug reports or PARs or known issues? Or post to the forums if there's a widespread bug such as this? I've been waiting more than a day to hear back and I've had no contact. Either this is a big issue and they are inundated and should let us know, or it is not and they should let me know my unique situation. By the look of this thread, they should tell many of us SOMETHING.

Support will let you know of any status in your ticket and if you are waiting and would like to get an update you can reply to your ticket at any time.

This doesn't appear to be a "widespread bug" from what I can see. Support would be the ones to verify and deem something as so. This forum is for user discussion and general announcements/information.

Also, going to split this topic as the posts above are not on the topic of the release of the editor (and if they are matters for support they will be handled via the ticketing system).
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: UNO Synth Editor issues [Please open/use support tickets

Postby flavorgeneral » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:23 pm

Is it possible to get the sounds from the Uno synth editor heard on your computer? I've got a Mac.
flavorgeneral

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:05 am

flavorgeneral wrote:Is it possible to get the sounds from the Uno synth editor heard on your computer? I've got a Mac.

The UNO Synth Editor does not produce any sound nor does UNO Synth produce sound over USB as it is a full analog synth so you'd need to record UNO Synth's output via your audio interface.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Merdodo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:52 am

Had same problem, solved with help of other posts.
Steps I took:
1. Latest firmware (you can do it)
2. MIDI Settings:
-MIDI Input: UNO Synth
-MIDI Output: UNO Synth
-MIDI Controller: None
And thats all, I know nothing about all this making music stuff, but I menaged to do it. So you will too!
best wishes!
Merdodo

Re: UNO Synth Editor issues

Postby marosr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:01 am

Hi Everybody,

I'm from Germany therefore my English isn't very well.
I find the UNO Synt a very good Synth and ich have made much musik with it.
But the Editor dosent work!
I have tried a Support Ticket, but the Tipps in it I had all done before.
The Firmware of the UNO is the latest Version an i connecteted the UNO directly to the Onboard USB of my Motherboard from ASUS.
OS Windows 10 and it says: UNO Synth installed, ready to use!
In The properties of the UNO Editor its listed as Controller or Midi in and out.
I bought also a pcie USB contoller Card and tried it.
When I open the Editor, ther comes only: Waiting for UNO, and no Connection.

With my Lenovo Notebook and Windows 8.1 it works.

I have tried every direct USB Port on my PC. Nothing!

Is there eventually a Bug with USB 3.0?

I need the Editor only for syncing with my DAW, and not more.
Is there a other Workaround for this?

Thanks before,

Martin
marosr

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:09 pm

Keep working with IK Support and let them know their suggestions didn't work for you.

This thread states in the subject to please work with support but I see that isn't effective and the thread has run its course.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth