UNO Synth Editor issues [Please open/use support tickets]

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Synth Editor issues [Please open/use support tickets]

Postby patrick.meeus » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:18 pm

LS

The editor doesn't seem to recognize my UNO. I can use the UNO as keyboard for Syntronik, though. Have I missed some setting?

Best regards

Patrick
patrick.meeus

Re: Our free UNO Synth Editor is now available!

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:21 pm

patrick.meeus wrote:LS

The editor doesn't seem to recognize my UNO. I can use the UNO as keyboard for Syntronik, though. Have I missed some setting?

Best regards

Patrick

I'm not sure, but please make sure you have the latest firmware that was released along with the UNO Synth Editor. If you do have that updated and still have this problem please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will troubleshoot with you directly. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

UNO Synth Editor is for x64 Windows platform only?

Postby janles » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:52 pm

After long unsuccesful minutes with firmware updater (still This app can't run on your PC) and editor instalation itself I tried editor PDF manual and only there is first mention it is x64 architecture only.
Is there any way to run it on 32 bit Windows? If not, why updater and editor are x64 only? Whz there is no mention to updater connected about it?
What about 32 bit Windows users of your products? :?: :cry:

Jan
janles

Postby Gianfry1980 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:03 pm

My editor for Mac It did not work...but after the firmware update UNO synth work all fine,Thanks.
Last edited by Gianfry1980 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gianfry1980

Re: UNO Synth Editor is for x64 Windows platform only?

Postby pmunson » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 pm

janles wrote: What about 32 bit Windows users of your products? :?: :cry:

Jan

People still use 32-bit Windows? It's 2018. Time to upgrade.
pmunson

Re: UNO Synth Editor is for x64 Windows platform only?

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:07 pm

janles wrote:After long unsuccesful minutes with firmware updater (still This app can't run on your PC) and editor instalation itself I tried editor PDF manual and only there is first mention it is x64 architecture only.
Is there any way to run it on 32 bit Windows? If not, why updater and editor are x64 only? Whz there is no mention to updater connected about it?
What about 32 bit Windows users of your products? :?: :cry:

Jan

The UNO Synth Editor and Firmware Update will require a 64-bit version of Windows.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/u ... ynth-specs

Gianfry1980 wrote:My editor for Mac It did not work...but after the firmware update UNO synth work all fine,Thanks.

Glad to hear you're up and running! As Peter mentions, this Firmware update is crucial to the UNO Synth and UNO Synth Editor. This helps them work together. If anyone else in this thread is using the Editor and having problems connecting to UNO Synth, make sure the Firmware update has been run.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Excellent job on this new editor!!!!

Postby Mtndawg » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:57 am

Love this new editor. Ignore my message. I did not realize there was new firmware also. The new firmware solved all my problems.

After less then an hour. IM SO HAPPY WITH THIS EDITOR!!!! :D :D :D
Mtndawg

Postby pmunson » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:34 am

Looks nice, but it's not working for me on Windows 10. It says "WAITING FOR UNO" and none of the controls in the editor affect the sound on the device, so it is clearly not recognizing the unit.

I opened up a support ticket, so I guess all I can do is wait.

UPDATE: Got a reply from support. It's working now... Apparently you have to go into the MIDI settings of the editor and manually select the UNO synth unde the MIDI input and output options. Weird, because the firmware updater just detects it automatically.
pmunson

Postby Maxidingue » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:14 am

Mac OS X High Sierra
Update Firmware

"Waiting for the Uno"

so disapointed :roll: :roll: :roll:
Maxidingue

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:12 pm

Maxidingue wrote:Mac OS X High Sierra
Update Firmware

"Waiting for the Uno"

so disapointed :roll: :roll: :roll:

Please check the post above yours. If that does not work, please open a ticket with support and they will happily assist you.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby playinmyblues » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:51 am

Hi. After reading some of the problems with the software editor, I ran the firmware updater again. That went well enough.

The Oscillators section is working for me. However, the LFO section is definitely not.

I am wondering if it is a MIDI problem or a setting in the Editor? I have not read the manual all the way through yet, but some sections work while others do not.

I am using a Mac for the software editor. I was also using a DIY USB MIDI DIN box to connect my iRig Keys to the Uno. However, after disconnecting that, actually removing the MIDI In plug, I get the same results. I even restarted the synth and the software editor.
playinmyblues

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:24 pm

playinmyblues wrote:Hi. After reading some of the problems with the software editor, I ran the firmware updater again. That went well enough.

The Oscillators section is working for me. However, the LFO section is definitely not.

I am wondering if it is a MIDI problem or a setting in the Editor? I have not read the manual all the way through yet, but some sections work while others do not.

I am using a Mac for the software editor. I was also using a DIY USB MIDI DIN box to connect my iRig Keys to the Uno. However, after disconnecting that, actually removing the MIDI In plug, I get the same results. I even restarted the synth and the software editor.

It's not exactly clear what is going on with your LFO. Please contact support and provide them with some more information, they should be able to help get you working as soon as possible.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby brian318 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:49 am

I have downloaded the UNO synth editor for Mac and run the updater for the UNO - it reads 1.1.1 when I boot it up. I have the synth plugged into the Mac with the usb cable it came with. However, whenever I try to get the editor to see the UNO, it stays on the "Waiting for UNO" message instead of showing the preset carousel. My Mac is running High Sierra 10.13.6
Am I missing something?

Meanwhile I downloaded the iOS synth editor for my iPad. I tried to register the app in the account section (clicking the Existing Account button ). I entered the same user name and password that I use to log in to my account here on the IK Multimedia web site. but every time I try to register I receive an error message that says "Invalid user name or password"
brian318

Postby brian318 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:01 am

I just went through all the posts on this thread and found the solution for the Mac editor (going to midi settings in the editor and manually selecting the UNO's midi in and out there). Still need to figure out why I can't register the iOS app though.
brian318

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:15 pm

brian318 wrote:I just went through all the posts on this thread and found the solution for the Mac editor (going to midi settings in the editor and manually selecting the UNO's midi in and out there). Still need to figure out why I can't register the iOS app though.

Please report any technical issues to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as this forum is for user-to-user discussion and general information (as this post is also for the latter). They will resolve any technical issues for you directly. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth