What's this?? Coming soon

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

What's this?? Coming soon

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:35 pm

*Click the images for full size version*
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: What's this?? Coming soon

Postby samuellindeman » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Nice, Looking forward to these! :)

Will these editors also include the options to send the SysEx strings mention in the manual?

For example to disable Soft Midi Thru?(Which should be disabled by default since it causes havoc when both In/Out are connected to a sequencer and the midi-messages end up in a loop especially when playing legato).

I do miss the option to fully 'Init' a patch on the device it self as some presets are using the 'hidden'(ie. currently no way to access them from the front panel) parameters such as swing and my favourites which I can NOT access from the front panel (Filter Env -> PWM1&2 and LFO -> PWM1&2).

Also for future firmware updates please do consider giving access to more parameters using the knobs on the unit!(Like the secondary function when holding down OSC until it blinks) or using 'alt' modes (ie. when alt is tapped hold down for example scoop and then use the up/down arrows to alter the value).

For the 'sequencer' when entering notes in 'step mode' add an option that automatically advances to the next step with an optional tie or rest.
It would make step-editing a bit more fluid.

Think of the 'hold' button as a 'rest/tie' button when entering notes.
Tap a note, release it and the sequencer advances to the next step or...
Tap a note and tap rest/tie to tie the note to the next step, keep holding the note and tap rest/tie again make it even longer.
If no notes are held and rest/tie is tapped advance to the next step.

Regarding 'parameter automation' when adding parameter automation to a step it's not possible to see the 'pulse width' that is added to a step, it either shows SQR or PUL and nothing in between?! Most paramaters show at least a 0-127 value.

And last question regarding the upcoming editor...
...will the on-screen keyboard (on iPhone & iPad) support vertical velocity?
That would make auditioning velocity based modulations easier.

Thanks for your time and sorry for a long 'first post' on the board.
(I spend most of my time on the AudioBus forum).

Cheers!
/Samuel

PS. What does the 4 option (< HOLD OSC) on OSC row do? (It's not mentioned in the manual).
samuellindeman

Postby Scotty_Matt_123 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:49 pm

Looks fantastic! That is an extremely deep and impressive midi spec for a synth and certainly especially uncommon for an analog synth. - Scotty
Scotty_Matt_123

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:09 am

Thank you for these questions, I'll answer the best I can and from information I've gathered from our team and if there is anything that needs further clarification I will note it and get more information soon! Please see below inline:
samuellindeman wrote:Nice, Looking forward to these! :)

Will these editors also include the options to send the SysEx strings mention in the manual?

For example to disable Soft Midi Thru?(Which should be disabled by default since it causes havoc when both In/Out are connected to a sequencer and the midi-messages end up in a loop especially when playing legato).

I do miss the option to fully 'Init' a patch on the device it self as some presets are using the 'hidden'(ie. currently no way to access them from the front panel) parameters such as swing and my favourites which I can NOT access from the front panel (Filter Env -> PWM1&2 and LFO -> PWM1&2).

Yes you can send the SysEx mentioned in the manual. Hence, MIDI Soft THRU is there and changed easily as a setting. Since you have access to all parameters, you will have the ability to do what you need to as far as the 'init' of a patch via access to everything in the editor.

Also for future firmware updates please do consider giving access to more parameters using the knobs on the unit!(Like the secondary function when holding down OSC until it blinks) or using 'alt' modes (ie. when alt is tapped hold down for example scoop and then use the up/down arrows to alter the value).

For the 'sequencer' when entering notes in 'step mode' add an option that automatically advances to the next step with an optional tie or rest.
It would make step-editing a bit more fluid.

Think of the 'hold' button as a 'rest/tie' button when entering notes.
Tap a note, release it and the sequencer advances to the next step or...
Tap a note and tap rest/tie to tie the note to the next step, keep holding the note and tap rest/tie again make it even longer.
If no notes are held and rest/tie is tapped advance to the next step.

I will relay these to the team, currently the firmware that will coincide with the release of the editor is very close to complete and tested so anything that is not included in that would need to be considered for a future update.

Regarding 'parameter automation' when adding parameter automation to a step it's not possible to see the 'pulse width' that is added to a step, it either shows SQR or PUL and nothing in between?! Most paramaters show at least a 0-127 value.

The Editor will show the waveform literally go between shapes unlike other synths where the OSC clicks between, meaning you can 'see' (visualize) the pulsewidth for each wave.

And last question regarding the upcoming editor...
...will the on-screen keyboard (on iPhone & iPad) support vertical velocity?
That would make auditioning velocity based modulations easier.

I have to triple-check this one, I will get back to you.

Thanks for your time and sorry for a long 'first post' on the board.
(I spend most of my time on the AudioBus forum).

Cheers!
/Samuel

You're welcome and thank you for a great first post! This is great and detailed and I'm glad to see this kind of interest and these questions and requests for UNO Synth.

PS. What does the 4 option (< HOLD OSC) on OSC row do? (It's not mentioned in the manual).

That allows you to control the volume of the oscillators 1,2, and noise.

Many thanks here to Ryan at IK who provided many of the technical details I either needed provided, clarified, or verified. He had provided some great details yesterday and tracked down a couple of bits for me today so we could get you a proper answer. Tip of the hat to him, and again thanks for the great questions and suggestions/requests.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby albertpauw » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:38 am

Is this editor also able to keep track and update the firmware?

Looking forward to its release!

Regards,
Albert
albertpauw

Postby Gianfry1980 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:09 pm

Great Job is fantastic !
Gianfry1980

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:15 pm

albertpauw wrote:Is this editor also able to keep track and update the firmware?

Looking forward to its release!

Regards,
Albert

The editor will not be used for any firmware functions, the firmware updater will handle those functions.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby samuellindeman » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:44 pm

Hey!

Will the UNO editor include editing of the sequences including parameter automation?
(That information is stored as part of the preset so in theory editing should be possible)

If yes, then that would be totally awesome and make it easier to fully utilise everything the UNO has on offer and make it easier to create complex sequences with plenty of per-step parameter changes.

Looking forward to the editor being released :)
/Samuel
samuellindeman

Postby samuellindeman » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:51 pm

The UNO Editor is Out for Mac/Win & iOS!
http://www.unosynth.com/editor

Hoping to see full(ie. all parameters & notes) 'sequence editing' in a future update!
(The sequences are stored as part of the preset data so it should be doable).

The editor looks nice and works as expected :)
/Samuel
samuellindeman

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth