Unosynth, USB, MIDI and CC

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Unosynth, USB, MIDI and CC

Postby JValeksei » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Hello.

I found out (reading the manual) that when connected via USB Uno only accepts incoming MIDI signals. You can send MIDI notes and CC-data but can not record pot movements on a computer sequencer.

When you connect the UNO into a MIDI interface via MIDI cables (in to out and out to in as it should be) and play a note on a channel configured with UNO's MIDI channel the notes start to feedback and play indefinitely. This is an issue I have had before with Viscount OB-12 synth.

Is there any fix for this? No other monosynths with similar CC control have this flaw, f.ex my Roland Boutiques, Waldorfs or even Bassstation ver 1.

I noticed from manual SYSEX (at the last page of MIDI implementation) that should get the synth to setup mode and disable SOFT MIDI THRU but disabling this simply does not work. Help please? A firmware update that by default simply disables incoming MIDI notes to be echoed into OUT port? I reckon it should not be impossible. Thank you.

--JV
JValeksei

Re: Unosynth, USB, MIDI and CC

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:21 pm

MIDI OUT over USB will be coming in a firmware update.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JValeksei » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:39 am

Very cool Thanks for the fast reply. Any chance the soft thru would be disabled by default in USB mode? The synth would be perfect if I knew how to disable it permanently via sysex myself.
JValeksei

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:02 pm

JValeksei wrote:Very cool Thanks for the fast reply. Any chance the soft thru would be disabled by default in USB mode? The synth would be perfect if I knew how to disable it permanently via sysex myself.

I will relay that but I don't see that listed as a feature in upcoming firmware.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JValeksei » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Thank you.

I hope this feedback issue gets solved because the synth sounds great! For the record I tried to fix it like this:

From the manual:

"8.7 – MIDI Soft Thru The MIDI Soft Thru functionality allows messages from the MIDI IN DIN of the unit, to be passed through to the MIDI OUT DIN. When disabled, MIDI IN data is not passed to the MIDI OUT. MIDI Soft Thru is enabled by default and can be disabled via MIDI SysEx."

Only reference to this is at the end of the MIDI spec sheet:

Enter Setup Mode: F0 00 21 1A 02 01 11 01 7F F7

There is no info about Setup Mode. Does the setup mode that is accessed via Sysex alter the settings indefinitely e.g. will the settings be stored when the power is cycled off and on again?

[SETUP] MIDI Soft Thru OFF: F0 00 21 1A 02 01 21 00 02 00 F7

So, I tried sending these lines of Sysex via MidiOX utility to the unit, both via USB and MIDI input but the note feedback problem continued.

Can you please tell me the correct procedure to enter setup mode and disable MIDI SOFT THRU?

Thank you very much!
JValeksei

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:33 pm

It sounds like you might want to contact IK Support directly for a walkthrough of this process and they can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby albertpauw » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 am

I guess it is one of those things where the software editor comes in handy. Any ETA on that?

Peter can you share the release notes of the upcoming firmware? New features and fixes?
albertpauw

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:46 pm

albertpauw wrote:I guess it is one of those things where the software editor comes in handy. Any ETA on that?

Peter can you share the release notes of the upcoming firmware? New features and fixes?

Our editor is coming soon, the firmware udpate will support the editor's features and MIDI OUT over USB among other items. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth