Akai MPK Mini as input controller

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Akai MPK Mini as input controller

Postby HappyCatFilms » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:17 pm

Been spending time my first day with the Uno trying to get it to connect with the Akai MPK Mini as a keyboard input, sending MIDI over USB. No joy so far.

Any tips would be appreciated.
HappyCatFilms

Re: Akai MPK Mini as input controller

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:13 pm

You would not be able to connect the MPK Mini directly to UNO Synth. Uno Synth does have MIDI connections that are standard 5-pin MIDI DIN connectors. I don't believe the MPK would have 5-pin MIDI connections available so you would likely need to use a MIDI interface between the two, and/or via your computer or similar setup.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby shanguito » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:17 pm

then, if I use a usb to midi like kenton or oplab to convert the sending signal?
shanguito

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:23 pm

shanguito wrote:then, if I use a usb to midi like kenton or oplab to convert the sending signal?

I don't know enough about those but the USB if they convert the USB MIDI connection from your controller into a 5-pin MIDI DIN connection that should work.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth