Getting sound from Uno to iPad

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Getting sound from Uno to iPad

Postby futuresgreen » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi - I bought the Uno Synth to get beats into the iPad and then layer on other sounds from apps. But I'm understanding I can't get sound via the USB cable connection and Apple camera connection dongle from the Uno synth to an iPad.

I have an iRig Pro but can't see that works? and a Focusrite is not that portable. So what's the best affordable and portable solutions to look at.

Thanks for your help.

Darren
futuresgreen

Re: Getting sound from Uno to iPad

Postby playinmyblues » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 pm

How are you connecting the Uno through the iRig Pro to your iPad? If there is a problem with the way it sounds, you might need to make your own 1/8" stereo to 1/4" mono cable. Look up which connector is the left channel on a 1/8" TRS cable and use that to solder to your mono side. It should work fine. I use the iRig Pro to record and it works well. There are also a couple of schematics on page 37 of the Uno user manual showing a similar cable but my cable as specified above works well.

If you are trying to get MIDI to go to your iPad, the USB on the Uno does not do MIDI Out. However, there is a MIDI In on the iRig Pro.
playinmyblues

Re: Getting sound from Uno to iPad

Postby futuresgreen » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I bought a 1/8 to 1/4 cable for my irig pro and a new battery for the irig pro and sound coming through the AUM app on the iPad :D
futuresgreen

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth