Start and stop sequencer via MIDI?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Start and stop sequencer via MIDI?

Postby jscottshanks » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:37 pm

Is there a way to stop and start the sequencer using an external MIDI command? All I can see in the MIDI implementation is changing the sequencer direction.
jscottshanks

Re: Start and stop sequencer via MIDI?

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

The UNO Synth will accept MIDI Clock from both the 2.5mm MIDI ports on the back of the unit and the USB port. This can control the Sequencer. Make sure to set your SYNC setting to where this data is being sent in from. Tap ALT -> SYNC to do this. Select EXT for the 2.5mm MIDI ports or USB for the USB port.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: uno synth Sync clock problem with electribe 2

Postby blast-romeo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:29 am

I have a problem try to sync uno synth clock with my korg electribe 2 s, setting the uno in external mode, the clock is not syncing and no sound is coming out from the synth...how can I solve this? Using the right midi cable and connecting to sync or midi out, but not working at all...please help!
blast-romeo

Re: uno synth Sync clock problem with electribe 2

Postby Ryan_IK » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:40 pm

blast-romeo wrote:I have a problem try to sync uno synth clock with my korg electribe 2 s, setting the uno in external mode, the clock is not syncing and no sound is coming out from the synth...how can I solve this? Using the right midi cable and connecting to sync or midi out, but not working at all...please help!

Maybe it's the clock mode on the Electribe? Check out this section from the manual I found for it online, this should help.

When using the UNO Synth 2.5mm MIDI ports for input signal, use the EXT sync option. Once that's set, make sure your MIDI Channels are set properly. If that's done and everything still doesn't work, try using the UNO as your clock source. Adjust sync to INT and then adjust the Electribe accordingly.

7. Playing by synchronizing with ex-ternal deviceThis system can be set for synchronization with MIDI or Sync signals.

1. Select CLOCK MODE from the global menu.
2. Rotate the Value knob to set signals to be used as the master.

Internal: Sets this system as the master.
Auto: Sets an external device as the master, when the device is connected. In a regular setting, this system is set as the master.
Ext.USB,Ext.MIDI and Ext.Sync: Sets signals from devices connected to each jack as the master.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth