v1.02 Did not solve Noise Sound Issue Also NOISEY

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: v1.02 Did not solve Noise Sound Issue Also NOISEY

Postby djwaxxy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:25 pm

dalejason wrote:I just got an Uno synth on Friday and like others here I hear terrible (frankly unusable) noise, especially, when using a compressor in Ableton.

This was quickly and simply resolved by fitting a Ground Loop Noise Isolator Filter between the output of the Uno and the Mixer. I also use Roland boutique synth's and noise is a well known issue on those too, when daisy chaining the audio through the boutiques and powering them by USB.

For £6.99 it's a relatively cheap an quick fix if you have Amazon Prime :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seatecks-Ground-Isolator-Filter-Speaker-Black/dp/B07KDQT9Z4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1552222843&sr=8-9&keywords=ground+loop+isolator

I owe you a big drink mate..i ordered one from the link you posted I just got it ..pluged it in and bloody hell the noise has totally gone its usuable now :)
djwaxxy

Postby samuellindeman » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:57 pm

Hey!

Is anything being done about these noise-issues??

I've tracked it down to the LCD on the few(+10) units I've checked with.
(So this doesn't only affect my personal unit but feels like a manufacturing meh).

This 'noise' can be heard even when the output volume is at 0 so it feels like some kind of grounding issue inside the unit?!(Ie. a manufacturing 'flaw').

The 'noise' from the output is is 'gone' when the LCD has has 1.1.1. on it...
All other values cause 'noise' in the output...

I'm running the UNOSynth on batteries to avoid the 'other' noise issues caused by USB PowerBricks...(This is yet another 'design flaw').

This will likely be the last post I make about the UNOSynth as it's a sour lemon...

Peace out...
/Samuel
samuellindeman

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:07 pm

@samuellindeman - The issue with noise has to do with bus noise per the Specs, and any other issues should be reported to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can diagnose and assist you directly. There are many UNO Synths out there with people making great music without noise issues like the one you are reporting. I'm sure IK Support can help you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby custa1200 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:55 am

exondepot wrote:I tried with a USB Y cable.
One side gets power and the other side connects to a PC/Mac.
Hum disappeared (almost) completely.
Hope this tip helps.
Regards
JLP

Can you post a link to what you used?
custa1200

Postby bubberio » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:15 pm

Hello to everybody.

I have already contacted support, but I'm writing here hoping to find a quick fix to my issue(s).

After playing a note and releasing I keep experiencing a faint tone after releasing a key. The pitch of the tone seems directly correlated to the pitch of the played note. I think this is exactly the issue OP was talking about.

Moreover, I constantly hear a rhytmic click in the background. The volume of the click depends on the preset, but it is always quite noticeable.
I have found nothing about this problem on the Internet, so I was thinking that maybe I have a defective unit.

My unit is updated to the last firmware.

I really like the sound and portability of the UNO synth, but this issues are frankly quite annoying. I hope these problems are outdated and easy to fix.

Every feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
bubberio

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:02 pm

The latest firmware should be installed and I believe it would address this. Your issue is a matter for tech support to resolve with you and they will certainly do so. The admins, moderators, or users of this forum cannot offer any other suggestions outside of making sure your firmware is at the latest version.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth