Battery Life

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Battery Life

Postby ipestell » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:24 am

Hi All,
Got my UNO on Monday and very happy with it sounds great and very easy to use. However, just checking out one thing to see if anyone else is getting the same. After about 30 min of use on Batteries BAT came up on the display which I assumed meant low battery. Thought it maybe the batteries it was shipped with so replaced with new Alkaline batteries. But after another half hour the same. BAT comes up on the display. I understood the batteries should last 8 hours or so anyone else getting the same?

Thanks
Ian
ipestell

Re: Battery Life

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:20 am

Alkaline batteries are stated to last about 3 hours, 4 for rechargeables. Do you happen to have UNO Synth connected via USB when this happens? Or is the switch set to USB power? This message may come up when UNO Synth is connected to a USB source that does not provide enough power (like a USB hub for example).

If this is not the case I'd recommend opening a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can troubleshoot with you directly.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ipestell » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:32 pm

HI Peter,
Thanks for the response. I am only using batteries so its not related to USB. Also getting another problem every now and again it randomly starts switching through patches. I have plugged into USB and removed batteries and this second problem occurs on USB also. Looks like I may have a bad unit will contact support.
Thanks once again.
Ian
ipestell

Postby bmohanty » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:48 pm

That just happened to me. I was going through the presets and it started randomly changing presets. I thought this is a nice arpeggio feature. But, it when I went to another preset and back it didn't happen.
bmohanty

Postby ipestell » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:37 am

Raised support ticket on Thursday but no response. New batteries same problem. Not happy.
Ian
ipestell

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:44 am

What is your ticket number? Tickets are usually answered within one business day.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ipestell » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:20 am

The number is #790559
Ian
ipestell

Postby mcgeee » Sun May 14, 2023 8:40 pm

Has there been any solution to this or to the other threads about bad battery life?

Battery life is terrible on my Uno Synth. The BAT indicator comes up after half an hour and the system turns off after less than 1 1/2 hours. This happened twice already with two sets of two different (big brand) alkaline batteries. The batteries had 1,342V of power left when the system shut down if that is of interest. I got the synth used in a like-new condition, so I thought maybe the previous owner messed around with some settings and it might be easily fixable.

I contacted the support, but they mostly evaded my questions and just gave me instructions that have nothing with my problem. In the end, they just ghosted me.

The last piece of "troubleshooting" info I got was that battery life depends on the charge available on the batteries and that I should use USB power instead. Well...thank you.
mcgeee

Postby TwiggySDW3 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:06 pm

I've had better luck with a USB power bank as a battery instead. A bit clunkier, but better life.
TwiggySDW3

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth