Best way to record UNO Synth

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Best way to record UNO Synth

Postby beergeek » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:54 pm

I'm finding it difficult to properly connect the Uno Synth to an M-Track interface for recording into my DAW. I'm on a Mac if that makes any difference. I'm using a 1/8th inch stereo cord from the UNO audio out to the line input on the M-track. I have to use a 1/8th to 1/4 inch stereo adaptor because the inputs on the M-track are 1/4 inch.

I can't seem to get any reading on the M-track when playing the UNO even with all volumes at max.

What suggestions do you have for recording the audio out the UNO Synth into my DAW?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Rob
beergeek

Re: Best way to record UNO Synth

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:39 pm

Hey Beergeek!

Thanks for your post.

Everything sounds like it should be set up properly. There may be some software settings which need to be edited/altered here. Do note, this forum is for user-to-user contact and not direct support. Please check with IK Multimedia support at the link below. They should be able to help you get set up properly.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby beergeek » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:Hey Beergeek!

Thanks for your post.

Everything sounds like it should be set up properly. There may be some software settings which need to be edited/altered here. Do note, this forum is for user-to-user contact and not direct support. Please check with IK Multimedia support at the link below. They should be able to help you get set up properly.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Thanks Ryan...I was hoping that another user had run into this...
If I'm unable to resolve, I'll contact support.
beergeek

Postby playinmyblues » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Because I have been using Korg Volcas for a while now, I had already made a number of custom 1/8" stereo to 1/4" mono cables. They work fine. I think that if you use a 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor that you might end up with some signal interference - or something like that. Two signals are trying to input on the same jack and your interface might not like it.

In the Uno user manual on page 37 of the manual it shows the use of a 1/4" stereo plug on one end but a mono will work just as well. Just make sure to use the tip and ring connections from the 1/8" side and the tip and sleeve connections on the 1/4" side if you get a mono plug. You can get 1/4" mono plugs at you local music shop or eBay.
playinmyblues

Postby beergeek » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:32 pm

playinmyblues wrote:Because I have been using Korg Volcas for a while now, I had already made a number of custom 1/8" stereo to 1/4" mono cables. They work fine. I think that if you use a 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor that you might end up with some signal interference - or something like that. Two signals are trying to input on the same jack and your interface might not like it.

In the Uno user manual on page 37 of the manual it shows the use of a 1/4" stereo plug on one end but a mono will work just as well. Just make sure to use the tip and ring connections from the 1/8" side and the tip and sleeve connections on the 1/4" side if you get a mono plug. You can get 1/4" mono plugs at you local music shop or eBay.

Thanks! I purchased a 1/8" stereo to 1/4" mono for this purpose! I can record but the volume is pretty low through the headphone jack on the M-Track. The volume records fine so no worries!
beergeek

Postby Stardustyr7 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:11 am

8-)
Stardustyr7

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth