Issues after firmware update

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Issues after firmware update

Postby brian318 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:19 am

I ran the firmware update. I waited until it said that the update was complete and then turned off the unit as the instructions stated. When I turned it back on my up and down arrow buttons don't have any effect - I can't switch between presets - it just changes the display to read "uno" when I touch them. The cutoff knob isn't effecting the sound, also the four matrix knobs aren't effecting the sound either - they just change the numbers on the display. :shock:
What's going on? Did I accidentally change some setting?
Help!
brian318

Re: Issues after firmware update

Postby brian318 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:41 pm

Anybody??
BTW I ran the update from a mac running High Sierra 10.13.6
Also none of the performance buttons (dive, scoop, vibrato, wah, tremolo) are working after the update either.
brian318

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:47 pm

This is something that should be reported to IK Support for offficial assistance. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kljudson@earthlink.net » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:45 am

I have this same issue, right out of the box! So disappointed!

brian318, did you get any resolution?
kljudson@earthlink.net

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:21 am

Peter_IK wrote:This is something that should be reported to IK Support for offficial assistance. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kljudson@earthlink.net » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Tech support tells me to do a firmware update. My UNO is not functioning out of the box!

So disappointed. I will update firmware, yes. My first thoughts are to return this unit.
kljudson@earthlink.net

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:45 pm

kljudson@earthlink.net wrote:Thanks for the quick reply! Tech support tells me to do a firmware update. My UNO is not functioning out of the box!

So disappointed. I will update firmware, yes. My first thoughts are to return this unit.

There was a firmware update created after UNO Synth started shipping. I'm sure support can assist you and get you up and running and enjoying UNO Synth.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ramuji » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:14 am

I just received my Uno Synth this morning, and it has firmware 1.02. Is this the latest version, or should I update?

The Uno Synth Firmware Updater in my user area does not list the firmware version number, and the release notes are listed as "1.0 Release Notes", so I'm bit confused about whether my unit is on the current firmware.
--
ramuji
ramuji.com
ramuji

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:26 am

ramuji wrote:I just received my Uno Synth this morning, and it has firmware 1.02. Is this the latest version, or should I update?

The Uno Synth Firmware Updater in my user area does not list the firmware version number, and the release notes are listed as "1.0 Release Notes", so I'm bit confused about whether my unit is on the current firmware.

1.02 is the latest.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ramuji » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:47 am

Thanks, Peter!
--
ramuji
ramuji.com
ramuji

Postby bmohanty » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:44 pm

Running into the same issue after firmware update. After a longer than usual CAL cycle, the system resets if I press and of the up/down arrows when the preset buttons are pressed.

I did a number of things so, I'm not sure which fixed it.

1) Took out batteries, put them back in.
2) Connected USB directly to PC (I was using a USB hub)
3) Ran the firmware updater again

I am inclined to believe that #2 was the culprit. May be through the USB hub, it wasn't getting enough power or that there was too much noise forcing CAL cycle. I didn't use the hub to connect before; I only used the hub because I was going to run the update.
bmohanty

Postby brian318 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:27 am

An Update. After contacting tech support I returned the original unit and they shipped me a new one. I ran the firmware update on the new unit with no resulting problems. Having fun with my Uno synth now. Thanks IK customer support!
brian318

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth