FEATURE REQUEST and some smaller issues

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

FEATURE REQUEST and some smaller issues

Postby Apogenic » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:50 am

Hi,

This synth ROCKS! Really easy to use. Great sound. Great presets. And battery operated box of joy! I am buying all new synths from you guys blindly!

However I have few pointers for you guys!

Software issues:

1. No scale change during playback. When melody plays and I press scale and up or down - nothing happens. This should change scale of whole melody (playback) live. That is kind of important during live sessions.

2. Tempo tap - I am missing this a lot. Please add it somehow under some other button.

3. Presets - Scrolling live with button over presets is tedious. Please add shortcuts for presets to 16 white buttons. Say, hold preset button and then press 1 to 16 for quick user presets. That would be fantastic during live sessions.

4. Presets Knob - I would gladly sacrifice volume knob for preset picker. Maybe with some button combination. Like - press ALT and then move volume knob to pick preset (instead of pushing data buttons). Just an idea. I can live without it.

Physical issues:

1. On/Off button seems to have no dent. Its m,ore like a fader, at least on my unit. It is quite tricky to power it on form batteries in middle position. I am afraid to accidentaly loss middle position while playing live and using batteries.

2. Pots could be i little thinner. It works for me just OK but people with sausage fingers will have a hard time.

3. MIDI in and out should be same size as audio, 3,5mm not 2,5mm. But I guess this is your standard. All my other gear has either 5DIN or 3,5mm jack connections. 2,5 mm it's first for me. I know there is 5DIN adapter cable included but for example Circuit has only 3,5mm MIDI connections. Small thing but weird for me to use different standards.

4. CV outputs would be nice.

5. Battery cover is very flimsy and will break quickly. I've seen this happening on other devices with same design. That was a sacrifice I guess.

Wishlist:

1. Bluetooth connectivity would be a killer on this device!

Overall I have to say I am really impressed with this device. Is portable and light. Sounds great. Works great. It is great!

Kudos to development teams on both sides!
Last edited by Apogenic on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apogenic

Re: FEATURE REQUEST and some smaller issues

Postby Apogenic » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:24 pm

4 oscillator knobs should have dent on 12 o'clock, at least last two knobs. It would be easier to tune it.

Play button should be on UNO logo place. It is hard to press play while playing live as it is touch sensitive and in the middle of the console.

Besides that this is really good fun. Thanks!
Apogenic

Postby geebake » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Wishlist item for for Uno 2.

A 'Data' knob. It would take on the roll of the up and down arrows. Scroll presets, set delay mix and time, glide amount etc.

Would be very handy.
geebake

Postby Maxidingue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:34 pm

A REAL Delay
The one in the Uno is a shame

Reverb and/or Chorus are far better for Bassline than Dive Scoop Vibr or Trem

Thanks

MaxIDINguE
Maxidingue

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth