Uno synth ARP [RESOLVED]

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno synth ARP [RESOLVED]

Postby dayvyg » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 am

We just received our Uno synth and it's been great. However, the ARP button does not seem to activate the arpeggio function anymore. It did initially. When we press a series of notes nothing happens. Are we missing something?

We also just noticed that the step sequencer doesn't play after recording. We followed the tutorial on the website and were able to record the notes but when we hit play nothing happens.

Thanks.
d.
dayvyg

Re: Uno synth ARP

Postby ShoutingMantis » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:51 am

Than you should send it back. Normally if you tap on "ARP " the LED over "ARP " is switched on. If you tap on 1 (or 2 ore more) it's start. The same in the Seq. If you programme your sequence and press play you will hear it. If this all isn't work and it's not because you forgotten to turn the volume knob to minimum 10% your device is damaged.
ShoutingMantis

Postby Apogenic » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:09 am

OK. I have a question regarding ARP

When I press ARP and then any other button (just one) lets, say button number one - Its starts ARPing with next 8th button automatically. So if I press button number 1C it's arping with button 8C automatically. When I press second button, then second button it's arping with another 8th button to that second button (and first button as well). I think it should do nothing when I press just one button. It should wait for me to press other button to arp with it. And arp with that second button. And now I have when I pres one button it's arping automatically with next 8th button and when I press 2 buttons it's arping with 4 buttons automatically. And so on. I think this is wrong. But maybe I am wrong.

It would be super easy to show if I could upload video file here.

Can somebody can tell me is this wrong behaviour? I just bought it so I can send it back for replacement.
Apogenic

Postby ShoutingMantis » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:34 am

No thats the right function! If you don't want that you should set the Arp to "1" . Automatic the Arp is evrytime set at range "2" . So if you press a note 1 you have automatic a second note. If you don't want that, set another range. I don't know yet which knob because i got it yesterday , but I have test this function and there you can set the Arp Range up and down.
In this Synth the arp is programmed to Arp even 1 Note. If you have the range set to 1 than no other tone is played. If you than press a second note it will arp between that 2 notes . But nothing more.
Greetings Shouting Mantis
ShoutingMantis

Postby Apogenic » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:43 am

ShoutingMantis wrote:No thats the right function! If you don't want that you should set the Arp to "1" . Automatic the Arp is evrytime set at range "2" . So if you press a note 1 you have automatic a second note. If you don't want that, set another range. I don't know yet which knob because i got it yesterday , but I have test this function and there you can set the Arp Range up and down.
In this Synth the arp is programmed to Arp even 1 Note. If you have the range set to 1 than no other tone is played. If you than press a second note it will arp between that 2 notes . But nothing more.
Greetings Shouting Mantis

Great! Thanks!
Apogenic

Postby ShoutingMantis » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:48 am

@Apogenic
It is all in the Manual you'll find on this site. It's a little bit tricky because you must searching the uno-Synth and on the left you can find "manuals" than you must download the 2. One. And watch the Videos. They are better than the Manual, because the Manual is sometimes horrible to understand...
ShoutingMantis

Postby dayvyg » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:06 pm

Just for the record, I contacted support and they were a big help. It turns out my son had changed the midi clock to usb instead of internal. Once I changed that back it was good. Kudos to IK support.

d.
dayvyg

Re: Uno synth ARP [RESOLVED]

Postby stevicus@pacbell.net » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Looking to solve this myself, should I just support or can you let me know some details on how you updated your clock.

Thanks
Steve
stevicus@pacbell.net

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:20 pm

stevicus@pacbell.net wrote:Looking to solve this myself, should I just support or can you let me know some details on how you updated your clock.

Thanks
Steve

You can contact support but to set the Sync mode, you can use ALT+SYNC on the front panel of UNO Synth. This is covered in section 8.7 in the UNO Synth User Manual as well for future reference. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stevicus@pacbell.net » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Thank you,

my UNO was set to USB also, and your direction got that handled.

I know this is nothing I changed, but the box was open when I bought it, so maybe someone had played with it and made that adjust(or is automatic when it is hooked to a midi controller).

Either way, looking forward to mastering this cool instrument!

Steve
stevicus@pacbell.net

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth