Making UNO Synth - shipping date in thread!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Making UNO Synth - shipping date in thread!

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Since UNO Synth is shipping soon, we took some photos of the process of making UNO Synth in our own factory in Modena, Italy.

Check out some excerpts from the "Making UNO Synth" series to see how the bare board in the first photo gets its soldering paste applied right here in our own factory and becomes the board you see in the last photo! The full set of photos: https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/p ... 3682545147

Make sure you like our Facebook page while you're there for more!

Here's the bare PCB (printed circuit board):

Followed by a close-up of the silk-screening machine at work:

And the PCB with the solder paste applied:

There are more at https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/p ... 3682545147 and more coming to our Facebook page each day (and even later today).

Learn more about UNO Synth on our web site
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Making UNO Synth

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:48 pm

You can see more Making UNO Synth photos like the one below (and many more on the Facebook post), this time of the SMT (surface mounting technology) "pick and place" machine placing components on the boards at https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/p ... 4323825147

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Did you see Step 2? After the components are placed upon and then affixed to the boards, we have an AOI (automatic optical inspection) machine - and people - doing a quality check at that point. Here are a couple of photos but to see them all visit https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/p ... 1892000147

Step 3 is coming today. What will it be?
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 pm

We've returned to Step 3 for a bit, now that the manual checks and prep has been done we can use the wave soldering machine to solder components to the boards. See the whole series at https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/p ... 8229900147

Learn more about UNO Synth

Oh yes, and I almost forgot - UNO Synth is set to ship July 19, 2018!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Making UNO Synth - shipping date in thread!

Postby zelda_n64_2005 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 pm

Can’t wait to get mine. Ordered on the 2nd May as soon as I saw the Superbooth video on YouTube.
zelda_n64_2005

Postby albertpauw » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:32 pm

Have you planned to send Nick Batt of SonicState one to have it reviewed?
albertpauw

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:01 pm

albertpauw wrote:Have you planned to send Nick Batt of SonicState one to have it reviewed?

They were at Superbooth and have already used one and I'm sure they'll do a review when it is released. There should be many synth-centric reviewers posting about UNO Synth as the synth-centric media interest has been huge.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby quest4success » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:24 am

zelda_n64_2005 wrote:Can’t wait to get mine. Ordered on the 2nd May as soon as I saw the Superbooth video on YouTube.

Same here :D
quest4success

Postby zelda_n64_2005 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:42 am

quest4success wrote:
zelda_n64_2005 wrote:Can’t wait to get mine. Ordered on the 2nd May as soon as I saw the Superbooth video on YouTube.

Same here :D

Who wouldn’t want a synth developed with the help of the guy that uses floppy discs as a wedge to hold keys down, that was so surprisingly useful & of course Syntronik & the A6 Andromeda.
zelda_n64_2005

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth