v1.02 Did not solve Noise Sound Issue Also NOISEY

Discuss UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizer. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: v1.02 Did not solve Noise Sound Issue Also NOISEY

Postby djwaxxy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:25 pm

dalejason wrote:I just got an Uno synth on Friday and like others here I hear terrible (frankly unusable) noise, especially, when using a compressor in Ableton.

This was quickly and simply resolved by fitting a Ground Loop Noise Isolator Filter between the output of the Uno and the Mixer. I also use Roland boutique synth's and noise is a well known issue on those too, when daisy chaining the audio through the boutiques and powering them by USB.

For £6.99 it's a relatively cheap an quick fix if you have Amazon Prime :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seatecks-Ground-Isolator-Filter-Speaker-Black/dp/B07KDQT9Z4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1552222843&sr=8-9&keywords=ground+loop+isolator

I owe you a big drink mate..i ordered one from the link you posted I just got it ..pluged it in and bloody hell the noise has totally gone its usuable now :)
djwaxxy

Postby samuellindeman » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:57 pm

Hey!

Is anything being done about these noise-issues??

I've tracked it down to the LCD on the few(+10) units I've checked with.
(So this doesn't only affect my personal unit but feels like a manufacturing meh).

This 'noise' can be heard even when the output volume is at 0 so it feels like some kind of grounding issue inside the unit?!(Ie. a manufacturing 'flaw').

The 'noise' from the output is is 'gone' when the LCD has has 1.1.1. on it...
All other values cause 'noise' in the output...

I'm running the UNOSynth on batteries to avoid the 'other' noise issues caused by USB PowerBricks...(This is yet another 'design flaw').

This will likely be the last post I make about the UNOSynth as it's a sour lemon...

Peace out...
/Samuel
samuellindeman

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:07 pm

@samuellindeman - The issue with noise has to do with bus noise per the Specs, and any other issues should be reported to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can diagnose and assist you directly. There are many UNO Synths out there with people making great music without noise issues like the one you are reporting. I'm sure IK Support can help you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to UNO Drum & UNO Synth