UNO Synth Pro Scale, can you select the root note?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Synth Pro Scale, can you select the root note?

Postby marcomixtle » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:54 am

I am looking to buy the Uno Synth Pro and like the scale mode. However, I haven't seen any videos or info in the manuals about being able to select the root note for the scale.

Do all scales just default to C? Or are you able to select a different root note other than C? If so, how?
marcomixtle

Re: UNO Synth Pro Scale, can you select the root note?

Postby marcomixtle » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:11 pm

Someone must know the answer to this, anyone?
marcomixtle

Postby m05iSo74BElAz6u3Wi » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:15 am

I have found no setting to set the root note of a scale. Let's add it to the wish list.
m05iSo74BElAz6u3Wi

Postby marcomixtle » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:19 pm

m05iSo74BElAz6u3Wi wrote:I have found no setting to set the root note of a scale. Let's add it to the wish list.

There actually is a way, I had to buy the synth in order to get an answer.

In order to change the root note after selecting a scale, go to Transpose within the Keyboard settings menu and set the transpose value at the desired root note value.
marcomixtle

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:59 pm

The Scale and Transpose sections are in section 5.2.4 Keyboard section of the manual (available pre-purchase on the IK web site). I will let the team know that you both felt it wasn't clear that you'd need to transpose in order to have the scale in a different key.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby m05iSo74BElAz6u3Wi » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:42 am

I'm not sure if using transpose really solves the problem. If I have a minor scale in A, then I still want the A to play an A, and C to play a C. When we transpose the keyboard, playing C gets us an A, and the keyboard E gives a C.

I see how the USP is different, and the idea of mapping lots of scale layouts to the white keys is neat, but it's still missing some adjustment, I think.

(Having an octave scale tuning (+/- cents) would be great, too!)
m05iSo74BElAz6u3Wi

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth