Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Discuss UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizer. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Postby oliverthom707 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:12 am

I've only had my UNO since yesterday but I would love a front panel button to control LFO to PWM, and a 32 step sequencer, 16 is quite limited really.
oliverthom707

Postby AstroZon » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:48 pm

Love the sound. Love the IOS software. Wishlist? Well a polyphonic synth based on the voice architecture of the UNO. Definitely keep the oscillators and 2-Pole filter. A 4-voice would be good or maybe a 5-voice. You could call it the Quattro or Cinque. I'm hoping that you're way ahead of me and already working on it. Cheers and Thanks for the great UNO!
AstroZon

Postby sikdrumz » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:52 pm

Another request for a re-trigger option on the LFOs of UNO Synth.

We have been waiting over a year now for any further improvements to the synth. Please could we have an update for Christmas?

And please don't edit this comment out.
sikdrumz

Postby damjunk79 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:29 am

Really Enjoying this nice Synth, here are my suggestions:

Editor Vst:
  • have an option to not load the current selected preset on the uno in the editor.
Patch settings would be saved in the Vst settings, like any softsynth.
Right now you need to save your patch settings on computer/uno and keep track of which patch number is used on which track/project in DAW, that is a deal-breaker for the workflow.
  • Ability to see and edit the 20 lanes of parameter automation in a sequence
  • Aditional Software LFO's and mod matrix to modulate any paramter that have midi CC
Uno Synth:
  • Snappier envelopes
  • one shot mode for LFO
  • Add randomness option where possible, oscillator drift, filter drift, LFO drift...
  • Ability to sequence probability of a note being transposed by x semitones
  • Option to have performance controls be an on/off toggle and to set their intensity

I have also strong interest on theses points that have been posted:
  • longer sequencer/pattern chaining
  • envelope retrigger n th time and LFO retrigger. Inverse LFO envelope
  • Keytrig and Transpose sequence and Arp
  • slower LFO
  • slower tempo
  • option to have octave switch instead of preset change by default
  • Oscillator sync, ring, FM
  • Duophony
damjunk79

Postby sikdrumz » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:52 pm

Will Uno be getting any updates to allow it to work with MIDI 2.0?

Also, it’s 2021- is there any chance of another firmware patch at all??
sikdrumz

Postby SpaceFire » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi,

[mod redacted - not relevant nor true]

Also I’d like to add a request to the next firmware update to include POLY-CHAINING more than one UNO to make a poly-synth.

Many other manufacturers support this type of facility and it will encourage people to buy more than one product from you!

Thanks,
JJ
SpaceFire

Postby sikdrumz » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:05 pm

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, IK have just launched the replacement to the UNO Synth:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/unosynthpro/

[mod redacted - no need for eye-rolling, and it isn't a replacement, it is its own product. Not to mention this thread is going way off topic, stick to the wishlist items please]
sikdrumz

Postby raffivegas » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:31 pm

sikdrumz wrote:For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, IK have just launched the replacement to the UNO Synth:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/unosynthpro/

Hey there, I was kind of salty about it at first too, but I thought about how much the base UNO Synth offers vs how much it costs and then all my gripes faded away. I even recorded a new jam with one of my two UNO's and began to really appreciate it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WM_Gz-0g5U

I've also realized I love the limitations offered by certain synths, workflows, and setups. For example, my eurorack modular doesn't have a true melodic sequencer. I use a randomly generated CV sequence from the Pamela's New Workout module to try to "get" a melody. I have a CV scale quantizer that will lock the random CV output from the Pamela's module to a meaningful musical scale, then I use other synths to accompany the generated melody. I don't always get what I want from it, and there's a lot of chance involved, but when it all comes together, it comes together really well, and it's fresh and exciting.

For those wanting more steps, just pair it with a Keystep, seriously cheap option considering all things.

Lastly, I don't think the release of the UNO Synth Pro should be considered as an UNO Synth replacement. The Pro costs significantly more and as far as I know IK isn't retiring the base UNO as I would imagine there's still a market segment for it.

My 5 cents. Use what you got. The grass is always greener. Would love to have the Pro with the Fatar keybed one day, so darn seksy.
raffivegas

Previous

Return to UNO Drum & UNO Synth