Looking for a new drum machine

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Looking for a new drum machine

Postby ekalbels9 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:45 pm

So a while back I decided to sell the drum machine I had, it was an akai Tom cat, I just wasn’t using it for anything at the time and I needed some extra cash. However now I’m wanting to find a replacement and was wondering what recommendations you guys had? I’m kinda looking at possibly getting an old tr-626 cuz it looks funky, I like having separate outputs and I like the sounds of the hats it has. Also looking at the new IK Multimedia drum machine, that one mostly for the price honestly. but I just wanted to see what you guys had in mind before jumping on anything. I make EBM, aggrotech, digital hardcore and occasionally more normal stuff like trance and techno.
ekalbels9

Re: Looking for a new drum machine

Postby dokbrown » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:59 pm

See my post on the UNO vs the drumbrute.

ELEKTRON clearly makes the best drum machines & the new models series is finally affordable.
Elektron RYTM or machinedrum If you are rich
ELEKTRON model cycles IF you C.R.E.A.M.
dokbrown

Re: Looking for a new drum machine

Postby dokbrown » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:24 pm

I HIGHLY rec the UNO DRUM if you have a proper sequencer/sampler → MPC, roland MV.
The MPC are my pads/sequencing for the UNO; I then sample the uno sounds into the MPC as pad clips.
dokbrown

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth