UNO Drum not recognised as USB-MIDI Device

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Drum not recognised as USB-MIDI Device

Postby autodafe » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:40 pm

I have bought a UNO Drum (already have a UNO Synth)
It works OK, I connected to a USB port on my Mac (using a powered USB-HUB). It lights up and works, but my Mac only "sees" it as a USB-MIDI devices, but it is always greyed out (disconnected) so I cannot send MIDI using its native USB port.
Any hint on that?

autodafe

Re: UNO Drum not recognised as USB-MIDI Device

Postby DarkStar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:15 pm

That's odd. Can you try it on a direct USB port. Could the Hub be running out of power?

------------------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: UNO Drum not recognised as USB-MIDI Device

Postby autodafe » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:27 pm

Thanks for your reply and sorry for not replying myself...
I solved it. I replaced the cable that was shipped with the UNO, tried another cable connected to the same USB powered HUB, and then it worked...(i had to replace 3 differnet cables, probably just "phine chargers" style)
autodafe

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth