Triangle Size iLoud MTMs

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Triangle Size iLoud MTMs

Postby xogenicx » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:20 am

What is the correct distance between the monitors and the listener keeping in mind the equilateral triangle theory?

How far apart should the monitors be?
How far away from the listener should they be?

The reason I ask, I have them on a desk, on desktop mic stands, the tweeters are at perfect ear height, I have calibrated using the ARC mic. They sound amazing but ....

There is an incredible, rich and perfect sweet spot about an inch in front of my face rather than in my natural seating position. If I crane my head forward, I land in magical place where everything is perfect, if I sit back in the chair, literally an inch or two away that perfect sweet spot dips ...

I currently have the tweeters 850mm apart and the distance from the tweeters to my ears in 850mm - I have them toed-in but I'm not sure if too much or not enough. There is a 27 inch Mac in between the monitors but it sits further back meaning the front of the monitors are about 1-2 inches in front of the Mac.

Do I need to place them wider than 850mm at the tweeter? (or bring the closer)
Do I need to push them further back than 850mm from my ears? (or bring them closer)

I have room on the desk to do both, so open to suggestion.

Main this I need is to make the sweet spot go back an inch or two so I can sit normally and listen rather than crane my neck forward like I'm looking over a fence. :D
xogenicx

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers