How to calibrate ik Multimedia iLoud MTM speakers

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

How to calibrate ik Multimedia iLoud MTM speakers

Postby LeanderLeitner » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:30 pm

How do you calibrate them?

According to the manual:

"Turn your audio playback system on (Mixing console, Audio interface, etc.). Make sure you have set the
proper input sensitivity using the SENS button, then set the volume control to MAX (full clockwise). This
is the reference position for the SPL calibrated values in the specs. Adjust the volume control to a lower
position only if needed or only in case you require different levels between the speakers."

But the official video shows a middle position:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G85zgu8R4pQ

The volume goes from -12 to 0db, right? So 0db = all the way to the right.

Is the manual wrong? Is the official video wrong?
LeanderLeitner

Re: How to calibrate ik Multimedia iLoud MTM speakers

Postby jhoc110865 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:09 am

The short version: The version of the manual is wrong, at least for my 2021 MTM's. It doesn't matter because the test tone's volume sounds fixed to me.

I can't remember how I originally calibrated mine and have never watched the vid, but on a subsequent calibration (moving to stands) I realized I forgot to max it out and recalibrated. The test tone's volume didn't change, so I figured it was fixed at maximum. Turned volume down-same result.

I recalibrated them several times as I added room treatment pieces and just left them at whatever volume they were set at.

Again, I bought mine in 2021, so not sure if anything has changed.
jhoc110865

Re: How to calibrate ik Multimedia iLoud MTM speakers

Postby LeanderLeitner » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:06 pm

Thank you!
LeanderLeitner

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers