How can I adjust the volume of my iLoud Micro speakers?

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

How can I adjust the volume of my iLoud Micro speakers?

Postby DunogRa12 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:29 am

I recently purchased iLoud Micro speakers and while I am impressed with their powerful sound, the speakers seem to be excessively loud. Even when the volume knob is set to its minimum level, the sound is still too loud and requires me to reduce the volume of my source. I'm curious about the meaning of the "-INF" label on the volume knob, as it's not specified in the manual. I'm also experiencing a constant noise from the speakers, even when not connected to any source, and it gets louder as I turn up the volume. Other speakers I own can be set to a quiet enough level where the noise is not audible, but the iLoud Micros are too loud even at the most quiet level. I'm wondering if I received faulty speakers or if the potentiometer is incorrect. How do your iLoud Micros behave at the minimum volume level?
DunogRa12

Re: How can I adjust the volume of my iLoud Micro speakers?

Postby SaintOtis12@ » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:10 am

I only use iLoud Micro outdoors. where louder volume is needed. minesweeper
SaintOtis12@

Postby Kamaal12 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:40 am

The "-INF" label on the volume knob of the iLoud Micro speakers means "infinity," or complete silence. It is strange that the speakers are still loud even at the minimum volume level. The constant noise from the speakers, even when not connected to any source, is also concerning. It's possible that you received faulty speakers or that there's an issue with the potentiometer. It might be worth contacting the manufacturer to inquire about a replacement or to get further assistance.
Kamaal12

Postby Wilnar12 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:03 am

It sounds like you are experiencing some issues with your iLoud Micro speakers. The "-INF" label on the volume knob means "infinite," indicating that turning the knob to this position will result in no sound output from the speakers. It's possible that there is a problem with the potentiometer or the speakers themselves that is causing the excessively loud sound even at the minimum volume level. Additionally, the constant noise you are experiencing is concerning and may indicate a fault with the speakers. It's difficult to determine the exact cause of these issues without further troubleshooting, but you may want to contact the manufacturer for assistance or consider returning the speakers for a replacement or refund. As for how iLoud Micro speakers behave at the minimum volume level, they should produce no sound when the volume knob is turned all the way down to "-INF".
Wilnar12

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers