Official X-Monitor FEATURE Wishlist

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Official X-Monitor FEATURE Wishlist

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:11 pm

This will be the official thread for X-Monitor feature requests. Please post any feature requests here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices is heard.

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not an issue/support request. Those and other off-topic posts will be removed from the thread.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Official X-Monitor FEATURE Wishlist

Postby Arppeikmultimedia » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:00 am

Hello!

So. I bought MTM Precision's instantly when I heard you were publishing pro-line speakers.
I got them. I replaced Genelec 8341A's with them.
And gotta say. Im not disappointed. There is absolutely something more with these speakers in low-end, transient response and I can hear reverbs to next level.

Anyways, one thing I'd like to tune with X-Monitor software is HF response. I can do it yes, but only 1,5db steps. So here's my wish:
Make it 0,5 db steps to + and - side.
For me -1,5 is too much. Sweet spot would be somewhere between -0,5 and -1.

Otherwise very happy. Please publish spinoramas of these speakers.
Arppeikmultimedia

Postby xchrisxtopher » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:48 pm

Precision MTM user here. Absolutely love the MTMs. Never going back! ARC sounds great, and it's a joy to no longer have a separate app running on my Mac to run speaker correction software.

The only thing I'd love to see implemented would be for X Monitor to conduct ARC measurements for both speakers without having to connect the MEMs microphone to each speaker specifically.

I'd love to be able to connect the MEMs mic to a single speaker and run measurements for both speakers back-to-back at each of the 4 placements. Thus:

Placement 1: ARC measures for the left speaker, then right speaker right after
Placement 2-4: Rinse and repeat

It would streamline the measurement process, giving me confidence in knowing that the mic was in the same exact spot for each speaker's measurement.
xchrisxtopher

Postby KlennerProductions » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:08 am

Hi there,
Just bought the new Iloud precision 6 speakers. Instantly they were impressive. Incredibly customizable to any space - in theory. but Im really sorry to say I've had quite a lot of trouble with the onboard ARC room calibration using the X-monitor software. I've ended up just using the ARC 3 software instead because its much more accurate.
Not sure if its a glitch or what, but or some reason when i do the X-monitor ARC calibration the left speaker always has a 'hi-cut' looking frequency measurement at around 12-15kHz. This results in the stereo image shifting over to the right. It calibrates the low end quite nicely but no matter how many ARC measurements I do, In multiple rooms, in multiple combinations (the left speaker on the right and right on the left - to make sure its not a hardware problem), the ARC measurement ALWAYS has a hi-cut on the left speaker resulting in a slight 'muffled' sound in just that speaker.

2 things I would like to request:
This issue would be solved by being able to turn off the ARC frequency for only part of the frequency spectrum. Most rooms I've mixed in are mostly problematic in the low end (corner build ups and standing waves) while hi end is easier to control with simple baffles.
I want to turn the ARC calibration off for the hi end of the speakers, but keep it on for the low end of the speakers. So basically would be ARC with a multiband 'on/off' function so I could select a frequency range and everything above that frequency range would not have ARC. Strange request I know, but while Mixing, I want the top end not to be tampered with at all so I can hear all the highs.

The other thing I would love is for the X-monitor software to SAVE THE PARTICULAR ARC CALIBRATION when you save SAVE A SESSION. That way when you could do a couple different measurements, save them in different session or presets, and you would be able to go back to find the best sounding calibration out of the last 3-4 you have done. Some ARC measurements are better than others so this would allow you, just like the ARC 3 software, to compare different ARC measurements.

I really am not sure why its been such a struggle for me with the X-monitor software. I've just ended up going with the ARC 3 because the problem isnt there with the 'hi-cut' ARC glitch I keep running into to with the X-monitor software.

Thanks for listening. Other than that Im really really impressed with these speakers.
KlennerProductions

Postby Truehouse2022 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:30 pm

ciao a tutti,
like klennerproduction already said, an option/feature to save different Arc Measurements would be cool.
i also would like to see a volume control , if possible in 0.5db steps, to match other monitors volume. :geek:

my left precision speaker sometimes starts to crackle and looses volume when i am in Arc Mode, when i switch Arc off and change the voice back to "Precision" the crackle stops and the volume raises again... so i would need to have a Panic Button, which resets everything on the speaker to factory/normal mode with just a click :)
Truehouse2022

Postby Truehouse2022 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:18 pm

... and because this is a wishlist... please more parametric bands to the custom section , minimum 3 more (bell) bands and make it please saveable, something like creating an own custom voice setting, to make it available on the 1-4 remote control buttons :!:

it would be a dream to switch between the original , the arc and the customs voice

grazie mille per l'atenzione
Truehouse2022

Postby ben01930 » Sun May 07, 2023 5:29 pm

Sorry if this has already been discussed. If so, I can't find it.
Is there a list of all the speaker emulations for the Presicion series? Some are obvious, like the "White 80s", Yellow 5 etc. but some I have no idea. By listening, I don't think there is a preset for the "Mixcube" stuff (Auratones etc). If I'm mistaken, please let me know. If not, what are you waiting for, IK?

Thanks! ;)
ben01930

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers