iLoud Micro monitors jarring at certain low frequencies

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

iLoud Micro monitors jarring at certain low frequencies

Postby anilnc » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:52 am

Hello,

I recently bought iLoud micro monitors and I really liked them. But when I play an 808 bass or a normal basic sine wave on lower G to A# notes, the bass reflex ports on both monitors produces jarring sound. The volume of iLoud are set at default 0dB and all dsp settings are set to flat.

I initially noticed while listening to this youtube review (link below) on Tascam tape collection. As from 1:53 he plays a bass pattern with tape bypassed and enables, So the note that comes at 1:59 (3rd note) is jarring the iLoud. They are below 55hz actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1QTQqBrgok

Can anyone who has these monitors please check this and confirm me if it doesn't jarr? As I was asked by support to send it back to the dealer for a replacement, I have to ship it to another country and expenses etc. If it was by design jarring, I prefer not to waste time and money to receive replacements with same issue.

Hence, I am relaying on some help here.

Regards
Anil
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Re: iLoud Micro monitors jarring at certain low frequencies

Postby Cabezon_IK » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:09 pm

Hey there,

So I see there's a few things here, however above all else and before I attempt giving any sort of feedback or possible tips.

What is it that you mean by "jarring?"
Explain the context of this apparent sound a bit better for em and maybe I can give some better advice.
Cabezon_IK

Postby anilnc » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:46 am

Hi

Sorry, I think the right word is, the bass reflex ports get noisy like vibrating on lower frequencies. As from 54hz approximately. Yesterday tested again with a sine waveform playing on lower octave.
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Postby Cabezon_IK » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:57 pm

If experiencing port noise and other audio issues, I would highly recommend opening a support ticket for better assistance.

There you would be able to get a much more detailed walkthrough and/or repair, replacement, etc.
Cabezon_IK

Postby fisherking111 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:37 pm

I have the exact same issue. Horrible buzzing when I run basic sine waves at a moderate volume. Starts at 65Hz, and gets worse and worse down to 45Hz.

Is this a design flaw? Or are some units defective?

Were you able to get any more information on this?

I bought a brand new set through a vendor on Reverb, and am currently requesting a refund or partial refund to send them to get fixed, based on this post.

Did you ever send yours in?
fisherking111

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:05 pm

Cabezon_IK wrote:If experiencing port noise and other audio issues, I would highly recommend opening a support ticket for better assistance.

There you would be able to get a much more detailed walkthrough and/or repair, replacement, etc.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers