IK Multimedia iLoud Micro - SVideo cable and other myths

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

IK Multimedia iLoud Micro - SVideo cable and other myths

Postby Jernalin980 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:41 am

The iLoud Micro cable looks to be a pair of 4xMini DIN plugs connected by an extremely fat and notoriously short cable, that looks like it properly belongs on the starter motor of a car.

Does anyone know if plain old S Video cables would do the trick as lighter weight and longer replacements? With the demise of VCR these are cheap, readily available 4 pin Mini DIN cables that you can easily find in 3m lengths.

Has anyone cracked these guys open to have a look inside? Myths about these things abound.

That the iLoud Micro is a pair of Bi Amped speakers, ie 4 amps. That would mean 2 DSP units. Given the rights speaker is 120 gm less weight than the left, and has all the controls I am not sure on this.

That the iLoud sends power on one pair of cables and audio on the other.

That the iLoud sends the signal to the tweeter on one pair of cables and the woofer on the other.
Jernalin980

Re: IK Multimedia iLoud Micro - SVideo cable and other myths

Postby Antpage2 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:18 am

I too would like to know this. This cable that comes with the Micro is terrabad. I need a more flexible cable and something longer. Especially since i think the stiffness of the cable has lead to the connector on the back to loosen. Now it cuts in and out. I Would like to find a replacement. Does IK sell one? Will a S-video cable work?
Antpage2

Postby Antpage2 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:43 am

Ok i just bought a S-Video cable and its not the right cable, pins dont line up and theres a post in the cable that has no female version in the port on the speaker. I dont know who makes these cables or how to refer to them but i would pay a kinds ransom to find out.
Antpage2

Postby Antpage2 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:10 am

Found the replacement cable on IK's website:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/c ... link-cable

Is this longer than the one that comes with it? Is it lighter?
Antpage2

Postby Antpage2 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:54 pm

Ok i got my new cable from IK and surprise surprise! Its softer and more flexible! So if you got a stiff cable consider buying the 19$ one from their site or talk to customer service. It is however just as thick as the other cable.
Antpage2

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers