IK Multimedia Micro

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

IK Multimedia Micro

Postby Baby4444 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:29 am

I'm in the market for some budget monitors and I'm leaning towards buying a set of these, but my current problem is my desk is pretty small and I have a dual monitor setup which doesn't allow me to set these up vertically without a monitor fully obstructing it.

Would I be able to just horizontally lay these flat on my desk, so that they're just below my computer monitors? I see the MTM monitors have a horizontal stand that they come with, but wasn't sure about the micros.
Baby4444

Re: IK Multimedia Micro

Postby ericraymond » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:42 pm

The iLoud Micro is not designed to be on its side. The MTM is designed for horizontal use as well as vertical.

One issue is that the phase relationship between the woofer/port, tweeter and your ears won't be aligned and you may get artifacts. https://www.whippedcreamsounds.com/stud ... -vertical/

This may or may not be an issue for you in practice. You might not notice the issues, but this will be highly dependent upon how you use them and how they are setup.
ericraymond

Postby tomrubin2 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:52 am

The iLoud Micro is not designed to be on its side.
poppy playtime
tomrubin2

Postby Antpage2 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:42 am

Ive used them both ways and they do sound great on the side for me
Antpage2

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers