Best type of floor stand for iLoud MTMs

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Best type of floor stand for iLoud MTMs

Postby amx443 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:13 am

I'm rearranging my workspace and plan to use floor stands for my iLoud MTMs. Do you recommend threaded mic stands or traditional block-style stands?

Which will offer better isolation?

Bonus: Any specific stands you have used that work particularly well?

Thanks!
amx443

Re: Best type of floor stand for iLoud MTMs

Postby sirenamusic » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:40 am

I simply use mic stands for mine. They seem to isolate them well, and have a minimal footprint and visual footprint. I can also put them at any level I want, and the mic stands are about $35 each.
sirenamusic

Postby BettyRNorahDeniels8 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:41 am

Would be awesome if someone who has these on stands could guide me to some worth investing in smile.gif Have had my eyes on some k&m mic stands but don't the base need to be heavier than the speaker? (Base 1,3kg / MTM 2,5kg)? Sorry if that's a really noob question haha

Also have you noticed any significant improvement from them being on stands contra just using the stand tilt that comes with the speakers?
BettyRNorahDeniels8

Postby amx443 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:36 am

I ended up buying a pair of floor-standing K&M 26010-500 mic stands:
https://www.guitarcenter.com/KM/26010-5 ... 5037495.gc

Huge improvement over the stock stands. Decoupling the monitors from the desk makes for an enormous improvement. And the height-adjustability makes it easy to get the monitors at ear level––something again that was quite difficult with the stock stands.
amx443

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:05 pm

The stock stands are meant to sit MTM directly on a surface. The built-in mic stand thread support is the easiest way to decouple as someone else posted above. Glad you found a solution that works best for you. I personally feel the mic stand method is the easiest and cost-efficient.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers