Cable question

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Cable question

Postby jedisinclair13 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:54 pm

Newbie here. I just ordered a pair of the iLoud speakers. I have an iMac and a Focusrite Solo. I had a pair of Mackie that had 1/4" TRS inputs, so it was an easy hookup (two 1/4 TRS cables from Focusrite into the speaker).

With the iLoud, I have two input options... 1/8" TRS or a pair of RCA connections. My initial thought was to buy a Y splitter (2 male 1/4 TRS into a 1/8" TRS) but when I search for a cable like that, they are all 2 male TS and not TRS. Should I go with the RCA inputs instead? I can't find 1/4 TRS to RCA either ... they're also all TS.

Help?
jedisinclair13

Re: Cable question

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:06 pm

Either input is fine. Note that you will have TS on the 1/4" side in either scenario (connecting to the back of iLoud Micro Monitor via RCA or 1/8" TRS input) which will not make a difference in sound quality over a short run.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers