Ocassional crackling sound from iLoud Micro Monitors

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Ocassional crackling sound from iLoud Micro Monitors

Postby Faastwalker1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:09 am

Had these about a year, bought used. Just recently they occasionally started to make a loud crackling, fuzzing sound for about 5 or 6 seconds. It happens very infrequently. Maybe once a day on average. It doesn't seem to happen if I'm doing anything in particular. It's very random.

It happened earlier today when I was reading a news article in a browser and had my headphones on listening to music. The monitor level on my interface was set to zero, as I wasn't using the monitors. I quickly checked my interface (Focusrite Scarlett 18i20) to see if there was any activity on the input LED's. I did notice one LED light up on one of the channels.

I'm trying to identify what might be causing this, although with it happening so infrequently it's hard to nail down. Anyone have any advice? I'm scratching my head on this one. Not sure how to proceed. Cheers.
Faastwalker1

Re: Ocassional crackling sound from iLoud Micro Monitors

Postby Faastwalker1 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:52 am

False alarm! Turns out it was an issue with the power input on my display/monitor! The solder had broken away from the board on one side of the connector. So every so often it would do this, until eventually it did it continuously, which is when I realised it wasn't coming from the IK Micro Monitors at all. Doh! My bad :oops:

https://youtu.be/XIzL6G3wLOQ
Faastwalker1

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers