Desktop stands for iLoud MTMs

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Desktop stands for iLoud MTMs

Postby amx443 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:56 am

Any recommendations for desktop stands to get the MTMs up to ear level? For my setup, that's about 4-5 inches. Adjustable stands would be ideal.

I generally dig isoacoustics products, but not sure they'd work given the shape of the MTMs.
amx443

Re: Desktop stands for iLoud MTMs

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:19 pm

You could also use short desktop mic stands as there is a built-in mic stand thread.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:13 pm

I just today received a pair of iLoud Micros 8-) but I believe they have the same (EU standard) 3/8" threaded socket as the iLoud MTMs. So you can get a little European mic stand that already has that (e.g., the K&M 23325, which are about USD 60 each on Amazon) or you can get a US mic stand with the US-standard 5/8" threaded socket (I think the Hercules MS100B qualifies, here) and use adapters (e.g., the On Stage MA-100). Some mic stands, like the Gator Frameworks GFW-MIC-0821 (about USD 45 each on Amazon), come with both 3/8" and 5/8" mounts.

I haven't got any of these separate desktop-type mic stands yet -- I'm going to try my little guys just on the desktop for at least a bit first -- so, I can't vouch for any of them in particular. But, as far as I know, you just need to watch to ensure that you have something that will work with a 3/8" socket as the various ILouds have.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Berwhale » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:13 am

I use Moukey MMs-2 and they work well.
Berwhale

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers