Ik micros produce weird sound on kick

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Ik micros produce weird sound on kick

Postby Sasstek8 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:42 pm

Hello! Recently I've bought Ik micro monitors and today I stared to use them and I've noticed weird crunch/scream sound on kick loop. ofc I've tried everything..bluetooth,different cable etc and that awful sound is still there...

anyone? :) Thanx
Sasstek8

Re: Ik micros produce weird sound on kick

Postby Huddy_IK » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:47 am

Thanks for your post.

The Support team may need to hear what you are hearing on this one! Please reach out to Support here and look to provide either a short audio clip or a video:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby Despondo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:42 am

I've found that certain frequencies in the low range resonate on these speakers due to the porting and their size. Try turning down the volume to see if it goes away, or adjusting the EQ on those sounds. You'll see (hear?) what I mean.
Despondo

Postby EpithetMusic » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:57 am

I got mine when they launched and port chuffing was a point of contention back then. Ultimately physics is physics and theres only so much air that a tiny speaker can push. So, the port noise is a compromise one has to make for the small footprint/portability of the speaker when working with bass heavy genres. If i remember correctly it was frequencies around 50hz that caused the issue specifically.
EpithetMusic

Postby talleychan8 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:44 am

I've never had a problem similar to yours but look at the audio frequencies it outputs that can amplify the sound that is being noisy.
2 player games
talleychan8

Postby maxleong521 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:40 am

same issue here
i got the imm just about half year, but start from yesterday I've noticed the sound will cut out after a 'POP' sound, whatever what source BT/RCA/PRE/POST... i had tried to volume up/down, gain... whatever i can do but still can;t find a solution
maxleong521

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:30 pm

maxleong521 wrote:same issue here
i got the imm just about half year, but start from yesterday I've noticed the sound will cut out after a 'POP' sound, whatever what source BT/RCA/PRE/POST... i had tried to volume up/down, gain... whatever i can do but still can;t find a solution

Honestly that doesn't sound like the issue people are talking about here. Please report your issue to IK Support and they will surely take care of you. Thanks.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers