(Resolved) Bluetooth Issue with iLoud Micro

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

(Resolved) Bluetooth Issue with iLoud Micro

Postby shunpillay » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:36 pm

Hi.

I thought I'd mention a weird issue that I ran into with a two-year-old pair of iLoud Micro monitors, in case other users run into a similar problem.

Connecting via Bluetooth, sound appeared to only come from the tweeters, and the volume knob appeared to have no effect on the sound. No amount of power cycling, reconnecting via Bluetooth or connecting with other devices resolved the problem.

I decided to try the other inputs, to check if it was a general problem, or a problem specific to Bluetooth. Power cycling, and then using the AUX input resulted in normal sound, with all drivers working again. Strangely, this coincided with the Bluetooth issue mysteriously resolving itself.

Everything is working now, but it was terribly scary because these monitors are extremely expensive in South Africa, and my pair are well out of their warranty period.

Hope this proves to be useful to someone.

Anyway, this is the first serious hiccup I've had with my pair in two years - and I remain otherwise completely in love with them.

Take Care.

Shun
shunpillay

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers