iLoud MTM power on via switch on socket strip

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

iLoud MTM power on via switch on socket strip

Postby PatrickZ9 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:07 pm

Hi everybody,
Does anybody know whether it is safe to power on and off iLoud MTM loudspeakers via the switch on a connected socket strip?
Cheers,
Patrick
PatrickZ9

Re: iLoud MTM power on via switch on socket strip

Postby RonnieSpeedboat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:48 am

Bump... super keen to know this as well.
RonnieSpeedboat

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:45 pm

Yes, as with any active monitor this is fine. You'd want to turn on anything feeding signal to them first, though, as that is where you'll find any "pops" and such can more likely occur.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RonnieSpeedboat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:18 pm

amazing thank you, i shut down my sound module as thats easy to get to then my desk ti prevent noise then its easier to get to power strip than get to back of monitors as they tend to shift when i turn off,
RonnieSpeedboat

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:41 pm

RonnieSpeedboat wrote:amazing thank you, i shut down my sound module as thats easy to get to then my desk ti prevent noise then its easier to get to power strip than get to back of monitors as they tend to shift when i turn off,

I have a strip with a switch for each plug that is plugged into it and I plug them in in order so can turn them on in the right order, then reversed when I turn everything off.

Great point about avoiding moving your monitors when you power them on and off. I didn't think about that because of my setup but that's absolutely on point.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers