Connecting iLoud to Amplitube 5 via Macbook

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Connecting iLoud to Amplitube 5 via Macbook

Postby bayete76 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:58 am

Hi, I opened support ticket #6217889 over a week ago regarding Amplitube 5 not detecting my new iLoud speaker via a Macbook. With guitar and all the cables connected, there is no sign of the iLoud speaker In audio/midi options so all I get is howling feedback.

It appears that my Mac's headphone port, TRRS cable and iLoud speaker are all working correctly as I can playback iTunes for instance without any problem.

I'm starting to suffer from buyer's remorse so any advice would be much appreciated!
bayete76

Re: Connecting iLoud to Amplitube 5 via Macbook

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:35 am

AmpliTube 5's output should be the output(s) of an audio interface, not a speaker like iLoud. You would plug monitors/speakers into the outputs of your audio interface.

What audio interface are you using?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Connecting iLoud to Amplitube 5 via Macbook

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:36 am

This does seem like something that would require IK Support, though, so I will relay your ticket information to our Support Manager. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers