Random bass loss on iLoud Micro Monitors

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Random bass loss on iLoud Micro Monitors

Postby richcampbell » Sun May 02, 2021 1:10 pm

Working happily on my iLoud micros this morning, put headphones on to do some final tweaks in the mixdown and a while later take headphones off and suddenly the monitors sound like they have a 3k hipass filter on everything.

Assume its something weird with Ableton 11 playing up, reboot everything, disconnect/reconnect cables and nothing. Try different cables - same issue. Finally try bluetooth audio from the laptop to try and exclude the audio interface entirely - same problem. Headphone out from audio interface remains fine so its 100% a problem with the speakers.

Any ideas? I've logged a ticket just in case from listening to them it appears to me that the main woofers may have completely stopped working but it's hard to be 100% sure.

Restarting them they still seem to go through their usual calibration beep for a few seconds but nothing's fixed the issue.
richcampbell

Re: Random bass loss on iLoud Micro Monitors

Postby richcampbell » Tue May 04, 2021 6:11 am

Update from support - basic warranty replacement so as expected looks like a hardware issue.
richcampbell

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers