iLoud MTM high pitched hiss (louder on one monitor)

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Re: iLoud MTM high pitched hiss (louder on one monitor)

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:14 pm

If your IK product is under warranty, they will fix it with a warranty claim. IK Support would handle that and if your item is under warranty and they somehow did not realize then please let them know. You can find warranty terms etc at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cwijers » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:30 pm

I've let them know already multiple times like I've indicated in my previous post. My mails to support have been ignored since two months now.
cwijers

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:34 pm

cwijers wrote:I've let them know already multiple times like I've indicated in my previous post. My mails to support have been ignored since two months now.

Please see the forum guidelines that explain what to do if you have a ticket with which you are not satisfied as this is not a technical support forum thank you viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

You can also provide your ticket number here.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby daslicht » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:00 am

[mod redacted - if you need to discuss legal issues / laws from your region (which IK follows at all times) please speak directly to IK as this forum is not a support forum nor a place to discuss legal questions that aren't covered directly at the link Peter posted above]
daslicht

Postby daslicht » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:03 am

cwijers wrote:
daslicht wrote:
Sievrp1audio wrote:If I bought coverter from 230V to 110V this would solve my problems?

In my case, it did

It should not be necessary to buy an additional piece of equipment to make it run right.
They should take all of them back and fix them immediately.

Totally agree, Thomann replaced 2 of mine with speakers from a new batch where teh high pitched noise was fixed. BUT they had other issues which were even worse then the coil noise. So I still have the coil noise batch.
daslicht

Postby LeanderLeitner » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:10 am

Hi!

I have the same or a similar problem.

I bought two MTMs from Thomann in 2019. They were perfect, but about two weeks ago, I connected an old guitar effects decive (POD XT) to my computer (via USB) and connected the speakers to them...when turning on the POD XT, I got a bluescreen of death, Windows crashed and my speakers had a very loud beeping noise.

After turning everything off and rebooting my computer, I noticed a low-level noise in both speakers.

I am not 100% sure, BUT I think the MTMs were completely silent until this bluescreen of death, and the noise problem only resulted from it.

I ordered new speakers from Thomann, connected them...and they both had the same low-level noise.

Now I don't know if

a) my old speakers were completely silent until my accident, got damaged and the new ones have the low-level noise problem described in this thread
b) my mind played a trick on me and the low-level noise is normal.

I tried old speakers, new power cables, new speakers, new cables, even a different audio interface...but the problem persisted.

The speakers are connected via good XLR cables. Is it possible that such cables get damaged when there is a bluescreen of death because of a potential feedback loop of my computer and the POD XT? It is either broken cables or new faulty speakers or my mind plays tricks on me.

Here is the noise recorded with my phone. The low-level noise and me pressing the power button to turn them off:

https://www.seelenpuls.at/temp/rauschen.mp3

How should MTMs be when connected to the computer? Completely silent or with a low-level noise?

The number (model number, production date or whatever) of my old speakers from 2019 starts with 190558...
My new speakers start with 221005...

Please help!
LeanderLeitner

Postby micronauta » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:59 pm

I am also experiencing this issue. I would call it more a whine than a hiss. There is also some noticeable unexpected distortion at around 60 Hz when feeding a sine wave into the speaker at a relatively low level.

Interestingly, this is a recent purchase and these issues show up on what appears to be a 2021-made unit. For some reason I was sold a pair where the other unit is newer and does not exhibit either of the issues. I'm asking the seller for a replacement of the older one and will report back here with the results. Hopefully they will find me a 2022-made unit and do the swap and all will be great. I like the general sound of these and the 2022-made one is really stellar for its size, I'm impressed.
micronauta

Postby micronauta » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:50 pm

Update: great dealer. He swapped the failed speaker with one made in the same month as the good one, now they sound great together and no noise. I am very happy with this pair.
micronauta

Postby LeanderLeitner » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:31 am

One of my speakers started making strange low-volume helicopter noises some weeks ago. Anyone else?

Here's a recording with my phone (with increased volume).
It is low in volume, but when both speakers are on and there is no music playing, I can hear it...and it is annoying (I have good ears).

https://www.seelenpuls.at/temp/iloud.mp3
LeanderLeitner

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:28 pm

Please open a ticket with support or continue working with support via any existing ticket you have and they will help resolve your issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby LeanderLeitner » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:30 am

Thanks, already did.

My questions:

1) Is my helicopter sound normal?
https://www.seelenpuls.at/temp/iloud.mp3

2) Not recorded by me, but a lot of users have reported this online, and I need to know if the speaker is faulty or not:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rc50fqnp3hcpq ... 3?e=2&dl=0

Basically, the shop I bought the speakers refunds them, but it does not make sense if new speakers all have this problem and I don't know if it is normal or not. It is nonetheless annoying when there is such sound when the speakers are powered on and there is no music playing.
LeanderLeitner

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:54 am

I would think a "helicopter sound" is not normal behavior but IK Support would be the ones who will assess your issue and let you know and help rectify it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers