Resonant howl from iLoud Micro

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Resonant howl from iLoud Micro

Postby igtheflig » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:08 am

Hi,
My iLoud Micro monitors will sometimes emit a really howl-like resonant noise that is not coming from the input, but from the speakers themselves. It's certain bass frequencies that cause this.

It seems as though the speaker itself is resonanating. It's a horrendous sound, and happens even at very low volumes.

Any one else experience this? Is it a fault? Or an expected limitation of such small speakers (which are super impressive in every other aspect!)
igtheflig

Re: Resonant howl from iLoud Micro

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:49 pm

I would suggest reporting this to IK Support as they would be able to provide official support and give you solid answers about the issue you are having via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby igtheflig » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:54 pm

Thanks. I've tried, I can't figure out how to contact them via the website, it's just a cycle of "read the FAQ" I can't find a way to raise a ticket, despite being logged in, and having a registered product on my account.
igtheflig

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:20 pm

igtheflig wrote:Thanks. I've tried, I can't figure out how to contact them via the website, it's just a cycle of "read the FAQ" I can't find a way to raise a ticket, despite being logged in, and having a registered product on my account.

Once you search the FAQ you should see a button/link to open a ticket if you don't find your solution there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby igtheflig » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:32 pm

That did, thank you so much!
igtheflig

Postby milotoll » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:56 pm

Can you update? Any resolution to your problem? Having the same issue.
milotoll

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers